Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More help needed guys. Lower speaker connections.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:59 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts
Default More help needed guys. Lower speaker connections.

So my Ultra obviously has rear speakers but I have a removable tourpak and seldom have the TP on anymore. My rear speaker wires are quick disconnects and store under the seat.

Question: How do I get the newly installed speakers in my lowers to connect to my amp using the stock radio with PAC Line Out converter. I understand you just connect the existing speaker wires to the LOC but how do I find the rear speaker wires under the fairing and if I do, am I supposed to cut them under the fairing? I really don't want to lose the rear speaker wires/connections in case of future upgrades.

Any help appreciated.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:18 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts

Youll be running new speaker wires to the speaker locations from your amp. When you run the rears, the will travel the same line as your power and ground cables past the battery and you will snake a wire on each side into the existing grommet. The stock speaker connections will just sit there To make them quick release you will install Deutsch Connectors. You have the option to use a 4 pin and group both wires into the same connector or two 2 pin connectors. This will allow your TP to remain quick release as well as keep your wires waterproof.

Amazon Amazon
-- 4 pin
Amazon Amazon
--- 2 pin

Old 07-04-2017, 11:36 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Youll be running new speaker wires to the speaker locations from your amp. When you run the rears, the will travel the same line as your power and ground cables past the battery and you will snake a wire on each side into the existing grommet. The stock speaker connections will just sit there To make them quick release you will install Deutsch Connectors. You have the option to use a 4 pin and group both wires into the same connector or two 2 pin connectors. This will allow your TP to remain quick release as well as keep your wires waterproof.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G9V3U8C...l_huc_continue -- 4 pin
https://www.amazon.com/Deutsch-2-Pin...onnector+2+pin --- 2 pin
Thanks for your reply, but I may not have been clear. I already have the deutsch connectors for my TP. I don't use them but I don't want to lose them either. I already have my lowers installed with speaker wire running up to the amp. I need to know how to get these lower speakers connected to my HU.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 07-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio
Thanks for your reply, but I may not have been clear. I already have the deutsch connectors for my TP. I don't use them but I don't want to lose them either. I already have my lowers installed with speaker wire running up to the amp. I need to know how to get these lower speakers connected to my HU.

Thanks,
Dan
All you have to do is connect your speakers wires to the amp. As long as you have RCA's running from the back of your HU to the amp. You're good.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:08 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
All you have to do is connect your speakers wires to the amp. As long as you have RCA's running from the back of your HU to the amp. You're good.
Gann,
I'm running the stock HK head unit (sorry, I mentioned that in another post and then started this one). There are no RCA's.

2007 Ultra.
Cerwin Vega B54
Kappa 6211i's upper and lower fairings.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Gann,
I'm running the stock HK head unit (sorry, I mentioned that in another post and then started this one). There are no RCA's.

2007 Ultra.
Cerwin Vega B54
Kappa 6211i's upper and lower fairings.
No worries bro. Speaker wires still go to the amp. If your running the stock HU that means you're using the speakers wires from the fairing for INPUT. If you have a 4 channel amp all you need is two PAC SNI-15 line levelers for your INPUT to the amp. All your speaker wires will come off the speaker side of the amp.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:38 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Gann, I'm just not clear on obtaining the second set of speaker wires for the lowers. Or am I making this more complicated than it should be? I have the two PAC SNI 15 LOC's and understood that the front speaker wires will plug into one of those LOC's. My question is what to do with the other speaker wires coming in from the lowers. Speakers are in and wires are run. Am I making any sense?

Old 07-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Let's back the bus up a bit.

Sound comes from ur HU, then via high level Input (Hu wire) or low level Input (HU wire to LOC then RCA, then EITHER OF THE ABOVE AMP INPUT METHODS YOU CHOOSE plugs into the amp. From there ur speaker wire will go to front, lowers or rear. U can run some of that in parallel should u want to drop the TP on and have it work.

T

Old 07-04-2017, 01:32 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

I'm sorry guys, I don't think I'm being clear.

Let me try and ask it like this........Do I tie the new speaker wires coming from the lowers into the same existing speaker wires from the original front fairing speakers. So in essence both PAC's as well as both pairs of speakers will all be tied together? This will leave the existing rear speaker wire intact to upgrade TP speakers in the future if desired. I guess the only thing is this will not allow for the use of the fader, uppers to lowers. Am I thinking correctly on this?

Old 07-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm sorry guys, I don't think I'm being clear.

Let me try and ask it like this........Do I tie the new speaker wires coming from the lowers into the same existing speaker wires from the original front fairing speakers. So in essence both PAC's as well as both pairs of speakers will all be tied together? This will leave the existing rear speaker wire intact to upgrade TP speakers in the future if desired. I guess the only thing is this will not allow for the use of the fader, uppers to lowers. Am I thinking correctly on this?
Ur losing me with this PAC stuff brotha!!!!

One PAC feeds channels 1/2 and the other feeds 3/4 of the amp.

Run the front speaker output wire off channels 1/2 and use 3/4 for the rear and lowers in parallel.

Rear and lower speaks must be 4 ohm.

T

Quick Reply: More help needed guys. Lower speaker connections.