Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jensen and Aquatic Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,742 Likes on 3,509 Posts
Default Jensen and Aquatic Questions

Hi, couple of questions....

It's my understanding that neither of these support AVC?

Only the higher priced Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-HS has a USB jack, can I play tunes off of a USB stick?

The Jensen HD1BT does not have USB, but you can buy a USB plug that replaces the cigarette lighter, will this play tunes off of a USB stick?

If they can play tunes off of a USB stick, can you skip through the songs?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM
hawg50
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

if you mean automatic volume control,my hd1bt is capable of volume control.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:56 AM
okie11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the high end aquatic it has 2 usb ports, 1 internal and one on the rear of the head unit that you can feed out of the fairing, the internal one is behind the removable face-plate and yes you can play music from it and yes you can skip songs using the Harley controls. The rear one is for charging devices.

I've heard that the larger the thumb drive the slower the random play is. I haven't experienced this yet as i only used a 1 gig to test briefly. I do have a larger 128 gig i will be filling up and testing in the future.

Unfortunately i live in new england so i'm not sure how much longer i have to ride this year.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hawg50
if you mean automatic volume control,my hd1bt is capable of volume control.
Good to know, thanks. Now I just need to know if I can play tunes from a USB

Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by okie11
on the high end aquatic it has 2 usb ports, 1 internal and one on the rear of the head unit that you can feed out of the fairing, the internal one is behind the removable face-plate and yes you can play music from it and yes you can skip songs using the Harley controls. The rear one is for charging devices.

I've heard that the larger the thumb drive the slower the random play is. I haven't experienced this yet as i only used a 1 gig to test briefly. I do have a larger 128 gig i will be filling up and testing in the future.

Unfortunately i live in new england so i'm not sure how much longer i have to ride this year.
You have to remove the faceplate to play tunes off of a thumbdrive?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
The thumb stick plugs in behind the face plate, you can also put your phone inside the radio. The face plate is on during operation, it keeps the unit water tight.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:32 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
The thumb stick plugs in behind the face plate, you can also put your phone inside the radio. The face plate is on during operation, it keeps the unit water tight.
Got it, To play tunes off of a thumb drive i have to remove the faceplate, plug in the thumb drive, then reinstall the faceplate

Last edited by roussfam; 09-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 PM
okie11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
Yes, the face plate pops off so you can attach a usb drive and acts as a water proof storage if you choose to use your phone or iPod thru Bluetooth or thru USB

Old 09-21-2017, 01:53 PM
fordhd2005
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

I have the HD1BT in my SG and I'll say this:
It's plug n play and easy to install. Hand Controls work and you can skip songs on either Bluetooth device or thumb drive. Thumb drive: it has a cable that you can route for access. It does take a while for the HU to read it though. All in all, it's a pretty good HU.
The bad: Overpriced. Can't read the display (definitely can't see the time). The sound quality is pretty much the same as stock. Have mine hooked to a BT 2180 amp and speakers and have to set the volume at least 3/4 of the way up to hear it going 60mph. Does not have automatic volume control so when you slow down or come to a stop, it's blaring and you have to constantly thumb down the volume. Holding it down doesn't do anything.
After having it awhile, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't have any experience with the other one you mentioned but seems way overpriced as well.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

ROUSSFAM ,,,,,

In my opinion, the best choice of all is a completely rebuilt Harley HK radio with BLUETOOTH added, done by the folks at Iron Cross Audio ,,,,,

you can contact them thru their website at www.ironcrossaudio.com ,,,,

we offer all three options (Jensen, Aquatics or rebuilt Harley HK radios) on the BIG J&M Audio Trailer at shows all across the USA and that is what our customers are the happiest with ,,,,

Quick Reply: Jensen and Aquatic Questions