Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Ultra Navigation issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:21 AM
Captain4w
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2017 Ultra Navigation issues

Has anyone else had issues with the Harley Navigation taking you the most scenic routs ever??? I went into settings and chose "fastest route" but the bike still takes me the craziest way ever to get anywhere. The other day I wanted to go to a shopping center that I can get to in 25 minutes with literally 4 turns, the the Harley Nav took me 45 minutes God knows how many turns, all back roads and even wanted me to go down a really rough gravel road. At this point I don't trust the nav...

Please help.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:09 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Static GPS was dead 10 years ago. The navigation on the Boom! system is even sub-par to the audio, it's horrible. Most of it is gimmicky.

Look at some of the Sony threads. If you ever tried a NAV system with Google Maps/WAZE you know it makes the ride soooo much more enjoyable.

Last edited by Respect; 07-13-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:12 AM
packmen21
Banned
Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect
Static GPS was dead 10 years ago. The navigation on the Boom! system is even sub-par to the audio, it's horrible. Most of it is gimmicky.

Look at some of the Sony threads. If you ever tried a NAV system with Google Maps/WAZE you know it makes the ride soooo much more enjoyable.
+1

Old 07-13-2018, 09:23 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain4w
Has anyone else had issues with the Harley Navigation taking you the most scenic routs ever??? I went into settings and chose "fastest route" but the bike still takes me the craziest way ever to get anywhere. The other day I wanted to go to a shopping center that I can get to in 25 minutes with literally 4 turns, the the Harley Nav took me 45 minutes God knows how many turns, all back roads and even wanted me to go down a really rough gravel road. At this point I don't trust the nav...

Please help.
Make sure you check the “Avoidance” settings. If you have avoid highways or tolls set it can throw things off.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:12 AM
rdm1465
Tourer

Received 1,023 Likes on 197 Posts

I can't say that, that has happened to me. But, since it does not inform you that your turn is coming up. I have made extended trips because or missed exits.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:29 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by rdm1465
I can't say that, that has happened to me. But, since it does not inform you that your turn is coming up. I have made extended trips because or missed exits.
Wasn’t that fixed in one of the software updates?

Old 07-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Blue Dragon 2215
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have had the missed turn happen to me as well, but this does sound like avoidance settings could be the problem.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gps

Yes the GPS on my 2017 Limited is junk. Never works well, and is dangerous. It will take you all over the place even dirt roads and likes to cut corners down dirt roads. I even tried to download my own map on a gpx file and it doubled the route and wanted to use there suggested route. I tried to update the map and continue to get error messages saying there is none. It is by far the worst gps for a motorcycle. Now I either replace the head unit with google maps, or just go out and get a Garmin. So u are not the only one, it is junk

Old 07-14-2018, 01:53 AM
Captain4w
Intermediate

I checked all the avoidances and the only thing I have selected is unpaved roads, which is funny since it tried to take me down a dirt road... I'll look into the Sony forums as I really need nav. I'm that guy that can get lost in a parking lot. With that said, give me a map and a compass and I can get anywhere... Go figure...

Old 07-14-2018, 02:13 AM
Captain4w
Intermediate

I guess I'm just not so good at using the search function... I can't find any "Sony" forums... I have found a Sony unit that's supposed to work (XAV-AX100) but I have no idea where to get it with everything I need to do the install.

Quick Reply: 2017 Ultra Navigation issues