Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audio Setup RGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Audio Setup RGS

I just wanted to post up my new RGS audio setup. A big shout out to Alex Haze. After a lot of back and forth messages, he went above and beyond really took care of me on everything. He was very patient with me and answered every question I had and assisted me on install.
I originally was running AD Designs CX-621's in the fairing and MMats PA 601.4's in the lower. I was powering these off an MMats MD4100 with a factory flash and a BT 355. I was happy with this setup but the bug got the best of me.
Now on to the new setup. In the fairings I'm running the Beyma 6CX200nd coax's in the fairing off MMats MD4100, MMats 601'sin lowers and DD VO M6x9's in the bags off the new Stinger SPX700/4. I have all of these ran through the DD DSI-2 DSP Haze tuned for me, a PAC SNI-35, and Haze flashed the head unit for me. I have to say, when I first turned it on, I was completely floored. The combination Haze put together for me, was spot on. The crazy thing is, this was all done with Haze in Florida and my bike sitting in NC. I couldn't imagine what he could have done with it sitting in Florida with him. This guy has a passion for this stuff and his work shows it. This is probably as close to perfect for me as I could want, (at least for now, lol). The highs, mids, and mid bass are all there and extremely clear, not mention my neighbors will probably hate me now. I have both amps and the dsp all tucked in the fairing of my Road Glide. I had my doubts but Alex knew they'd all fit and he was right. Not sure I could fit anything else in there but they are in there. I have the MD4100 tucked in beside one pod, DSP tucked in by the other pod, and the Stinger on top of the headlight.
If you are on the fence about this stuff, just dive on in and get with Alex. It's cheaper to do it once than to keep trying this setup and that setup and finally settling on what you really wanted to begin with. I started this 1 year ago and have now changed my setup 3 times. Granted it was fun hearing the changes each time, but would have been a lot cheaper if I would have done it like I wanted the first time.
Again, I want to thank Alex for all the help and patience with this. Alex, I will run into you one day soon or head your way and I owe you a cold one. For now, I am going to fully enjoy my new setup and anxiously await the warm weather.

Haven't completely tightened up the install but this was when I first got it all tucked in and test fit the outer fairing.

The following users liked this post:
Brad15fltruse (11-14-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

congrats man! you won't find a better dude to deal with than Haze. that's why i rode to Miami last spring to have him tune my bike. night and day difference

Stricnine (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 06:22 AM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Thanks Outkast. You are correct, he's great guy and knowing what I know now, I can see why you made that ride.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:30 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Hey how many amp's and DSP can you fit in the fairing ---- one more!! Awesome job on the install brother. We need vids. That has to sound great, glad you are digging it. Hit me up later tonight if you free up.

Stricnine (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 11:09 AM
madaba
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup with getting those amps tucked in on the sides/headlight. Is the PAC SNI-35 something to use specifically for the DD DSP or would recommend off the stock head unit for any DSP? Post a video too

Last edited by madaba; 11-13-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Thanks Alex. Haha, yeah I need one more in there. I think I can do it. I'll get the Dremel and saw ready. I will get a video up to share. I just hope the video can halfway do justice to the way it really sounds. I'll hit you up later today. Again, thank you brother.

Madaba,
The PAC SNI was just the one that I chose to use (already had one) to go from high level (speaker wire) to low level (RCA). Haze also mentioned to me one that has the rushmore connections made into it, Metra I believe and that would make for a super clean install on rushmore's. I already had some connectors so I just connected them to the PAC. Haze has a post doing some testing using high level and low level and his results a few weeks ago. This is a good read and very informative. Best thing I can tell you, call Alex and he will take care of you from start to finish.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

Hey Stricnine did you use the Beyma passive crossover or just feed the woofers and horns separately using all four channels of the 4100 amp?

Old 11-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Hoyt, They are all fed to individual channels off of the MD4100.

Hoyt 1911A1 (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Tried to get some videos to post up but it's raining and in the garage, the videos just had alot of echoing going on. Hopefully it will clear up this week one day or at least this weekend and I can pull it out and post a good video for everyone.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 AM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Im adding a couple of pics of the hole cut in the pod. This was my first time doing this and probably could have been a touch smaller. I did go back and clean up the cut before putting dynamat on.

Quick Reply: New Audio Setup RGS