Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker wire

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 10:42 AM
SteveLepine57
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speaker wire

Guys,

2020 Street Glide Special here. I just added a tour pak with the speaker pod which come with a nice wire harness to unplug rear speakers when I want to remove it. What's the gauge of the OEM wires?

I'm adding a Stinger SPX700X4 and MMats speakers. Can I use OEM wires? The wires coming out of the Stinger harness are pretty small so they look similar. I don't mind going with bigger wire but is it really worth since it's not a huge amount of power and short distance?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 12-17-2020, 11:11 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveLepine57
Guys,

2020 Street Glide Special here. I just added a tour pak with the speaker pod which come with a nice wire harness to unplug rear speakers when I want to remove it. What's the gauge of the OEM wires?

I'm adding a Stinger SPX700X4 and MMats speakers. Can I use OEM wires? The wires coming out of the Stinger harness are pretty small so they look similar. I don't mind going with bigger wire but is it really worth since it's not a huge amount of power and short distance?

Thanks,
Steve
I would run all new speaker wire and connections if it were me. Nothing worse than going down the road, hitting a bump and loosing one side or the other from cheap HD connectors. .

Old 12-17-2020, 11:32 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveLepine57
Guys,

Thanks,
Steve
To answer your question yes you can use the stock connector and wires from stinger. Would new ones be better sure and you could make your own quick disconnect. I’ve never had any connector come loose on my bike after going over bumps.