Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade speakers for 2013 SG.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:57 PM
dmasonnj
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade speakers for 2013 SG.

Would love to have opinions on upgrading speakers on my SG. Should I go Harley BOOM or Aftermarket. I was plannin on BOOM speakers with AMP in Fairing and add rear BOOM PODS to tour pack.

Thanks

Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

What do you mean by Boom Pods? You putting a tour pack on?

I would go with aftermarket. Fill us in on what you want to end up with when your all done, and we can recommend components. Do you want speaker lids for your saddlebags? Do you have a budget in mind? Is FM radio reception important?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM
dmasonnj
Novice
Default More info

Rear Speakers on my removable Tour Pak, with BOOM speakers. I already have the removable Tour Pak. I want to end up with a high grade audio using Fairing speakers and Tour Pak speakers. No Speakers in the Saddlebags....Budget is about 2,000.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the perfect thing for you.

http://www.biketronics.com/ultimate-...mbo-with-pods/

That is the best you can get for half your budget. I have this in my garage waiting to be installed. Talk to Bill and ask for the quick detach wiring for the pods. He threw that in with mine.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I believe Pioneer74 is pointing you in the right direction. I don't believe there's much better out there when you consider bang for your buck. My budget was way smaller but I think mine will turn out nice. Soundstream pn4.520, 2 pairs of 6.5" JBL GTO608C speakers and adapter rings for $240 shipped. I don't believe this setup will even come close to the Biketronics but should still make for a nice system.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmasonnj
Rear Speakers on my removable Tour Pak, with BOOM speakers. I already have the removable Tour Pak. I want to end up with a high grade audio using Fairing speakers and Tour Pak speakers. No Speakers in the Saddlebags....Budget is about 2,000.

Please refrain from using BOOM and 'high grade audio' , in the same paragraph !!!!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:44 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aftermarket all the way!! $2,000 is a great budget. Pioneer74 is correct. As in aftermarket speakers IMHO the Biketronic Hat's 7P1's are the only way to go for what your trying to achieve. Trust me you would not be dissapointed with that set-up! Plus a lifetime warranty and the best customer service to boot!!

Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Please refrain from using BOOM and 'high grade audio' , in the same paragraph !!!!
man I like the way you pop in, drop a 1-liner, and then disappear again! LOL

but you are correct. Nothing high grade or high quality about Boom Audio products, PERIOD!

To the OP, don't waste your time or money on this stuff sir. You can do as Pioneer74 stated and wind up with a killer setup for a really good price. Those 7.1" in the fairing and rear pods will blow your mind. And for your budget, you can get the 6x9 lids from BT as well, have them painted to match, and still be under $2k.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

$2000 is a HUGE budget if you are going to do all the install yourself, which is very easy. I have less than $800 in my system after painting my lids and selling my HK head unit for $300 on eBay. However, I don't have the rear pods to contend with. I'd HIGHLY suggest doing a head unit upgrade as well because that will truly unleash the sound quality of everything. Here's my setup:

Sony MEX-GS600BT head unit
BT retro radio kit
SS PN4.520D amp (some other good options for a little more money)
BT 7.1s in the fairing
Hogtune bag lids
Pioneer TS-D6902 6x9s

Pay specific attention to what a few people say on here like UltraNutz, GlacerPearl and Pioneer74 as they have all been there, done that. They can give you unbiased opinions on what is the best quality product for the money. I'd suggest giving Bill a call at Biketonics and ask him about a package deal for everything as it will be well within your budget. You might also ask him about a price if you also get the bag lids and BT speakers. Quality product, lifetime warranty and GREAT customer attention and service. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagger_Vance
$2000 is a HUGE budget ...............

Here's my setup:

Sony MEX-GS600BT head unit
BT retro radio kit
SS PN4.520D amp (some other good options for a little more money)
BT 7.1s in the fairing
Hogtune bag lids
Pioneer TS-D6902
Bagger,

How do you like the Pioneers ????

@Nutz,..................working 12's since September,...my interweb time isn't what it used to be !!!

Quick Reply: Upgrade speakers for 2013 SG.