Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Mberber7898
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new exhaust

OK I have my new big radius exhaust. Can anyone please tell me which fuel management system is best for tuning a 2007 thunder mountain with the 103 screaming eagle.
thanks

Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone have a 7" daymaker headlight on their TMC? Like most, I have a 5" headlight and I can't visualize what a larger headlight would look like.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:51 PM
cruzer01
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mberber7898
OK I have my new big radius exhaust. Can anyone please tell me which fuel management system is best for tuning a 2007 thunder mountain with the 103 screaming eagle.
thanks
Mberber7898
I have the Power Commander 5 (PCV) on my 07 and it works well. My exhaust did not come with the O2 sensors with would come in handy if used with the PCV which would allow it to self adjust on the fly. Not much, but I hope it helps.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:53 PM
cruzer01
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Olsen185
Does anyone have a 7" daymaker headlight on their TMC? Like most, I have a 5" headlight and I can't visualize what a larger headlight would look like.
Hello Olsen,
I also wondered if a bigger headlight would look better on my bike, but I have not seen one either. Hope someone replies with a picture of one!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzer01
Can you tell me who made the front suspension. HD and another bike shop also could not remove the axle on my keystone. They called American Suspension, we ordered an axle, but it turns out that it is not by American Suspension. Mine also has the eagle stamped on it. What was the trick to be able to get it off?
Thanks for your help!

I will check with my friend and see if he knows.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:45 AM
cruzer01
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Retirementtoy
I will check with my friend and see if he knows.
The bike shop finally removed the axle by having to cut it off. The front end is by Perse Performance, which is no longer in business. The shop had a New axle made and we are back on the road.

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzer01
The bike shop finally removed the axle by having to cut it off. The front end is by Perse Performance, which is no longer in business. The shop had a New axle made and we are back on the road.

Thanks for your help!
Glad you're back up and running, sorry you had to go through all that though.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone else with the 103 have the Power Commander 5? I am interested in checking out your target AFR and ignition timing tables.

The bike has a stock 103BT motor (Screaming Eagle 103) with an intake and a Big Radius exhaust. I am looking for a tune that is conservative but still decent on power.

The Autotune is finally installed and ready as soon as the weather gets better. I spent some time setting up the AFR table based on advice in previous threads. The ignition timing is from the closest map I could find on Dynojet's website.

I took the bike for a spin today and it felt pretty good. I did notice a hiccup in the upper rpm range at wide open throttle. I was hoping someone could take a look at my charts offer their opinion on changes that should be made.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Outaluck
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebars?

Has anyone changed out the handlebars on a Blackhawk? I'm looking at changing the drag bars to something a bit taller and I figure I'll need risers and bars, and maybe cables and wires too. So I'm curious if any has done that and what the setup you use is as well as any problems/things to check.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 AM
BonzoThunderMtn
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles Sterling

Glad I stumbled onto this thread - good reads and nice to hear from other Thunder Mountain owners! Especially since I just found out that H.O.G. won't allow "US" to join them (technically - although a photo of a Genuine H-D VIN did provide a work around solution 'OPTION'..?? haha). I just got mine a few weeks ago and I'm still pinching myself to make sure this isn't a dream! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new bike and it's 10X cooler than anything I expected to end up with when I decided to sell / trade two 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500s w/trailer and get another Harley! (Had an '80 Wide Glide in L.A. for years!) I emailed a few bikes on CL and was headed to a dealer in Grand Junction, CO to look at a few used Dyna Wide Glides and Fat Boys when a guy called me and offered an EVEN TRADE for my ATVs for his grandkids! Pulled over and checked out which one was his and saw what he had - my Corvette couldn't get home quick enough before he changed his mind and he was two miles away from my house even! Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Like one guy said - it was a spur of the moment purchase and there's a few changes I'm making but overall I couldn't be happier with this awesome MC! Especially after looking at the NADA Value of $24,995!! ($29,995 for the RM but I prefer the Wide Glide front end over a Springer front end anyway) I was "HOPING" to get $8,000 - $10,000 for my ATVs to buy a used bike - this only had 1150 miles on it when I got it! (pinch)

I already put a set of Bassani Xhaust on it and LOVE the sound and added performance I got out of that!

Getting ready to swap out the 12" Ape Hangers for a set of 18" Ape Hangers and flame grips next week...

Also not a fan of the "Leather-Covered Rock" Solo Seat so... I'm Powder Coating a Wide Fat Bob Rear Fender and adding Struts / moving the turn signals / replacing the tail light & plate holder with a Fat Bob setup so that I can add a Corbin Gunfighter Seat with Flame Stitching and passenger pegs to it...

THAT'S IT!! Everything else is - as I said - 10X cooler than I ever anticipated owning so if it works - DON'T FIX IT!! Anyone near Colorado in here..?? Just retired and would really like to meet a few good riders nearby to have some fun with..??

2007 Thunder Mountain Sterling Softail - proving once again how amazing The Law of Attraction really is!!

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper