Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Choppers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Lawgiver
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Mountain Choppers

Anyone have experience with these bikes. I'm just wondering if they are reliable and was wanting to hear any problems you guys have had. Thanks

Old 03-24-2007, 05:50 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Mountain Choppers

Think I saw piece about them on American Thunder - Are these the bikes built mainly from OEM HD parts?

If so I'd think they'd be fine in terms of reliability and quality etc.

Cheers

Plasma

Old 03-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen them at bike shows and at some bigger dealerships here in New England. I don't know anybody who actually owns one but they look awesome and their loaded with Horse Power!

The average price is about 20 grand which isnt too bad when you consider how muchcashmany of us havesunk into our bikes. [sm=boink3.gif]

Old 04-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Dago_RoadKing
Cruiser

I traded my 07 FLHR for a TMCC BlackHawk 240 and love every minute of riding it.Had it dyno'd atthe 500 mile mark and it made 100Hp/100tq. The thing gets looks everywhere I go. And when I park it the paparazzi are sure to follow. I'll try to edit some pics and post them soon.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Dago_RoadKing
Cruiser

Photo attached. As far as the previous poster saying they go for 20 grand, that is correct but that is high 20's to low 30's. Still a steal when compared to the boats load of cash that I was putting into my RoadKing. Good thing I got out early on the Road King because I only lost $500 in the transition.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21334/AD457007CC26431FB744B0F3C6D73141.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-05-2007, 04:23 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Great looking bike you've got there Dago - enjoy!!

Cheers

Plasma

Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 AM
codsack
Advanced

I don't know about the reliablilty, but I looked at one of there ole' school choppers at my local dealer and if I had and $ and didn't just buy my SB I would have tried to get the one I saw. They had about 8 of the long rake, fat rear tired choppers from thunder mountain and I would've taken the Ole' school one over any of them. Nice springer front end, small bobber seat, 103 CI motor, and Vivid black with red and white pin stripingof a tribal sort on the tank and fenders. God....it was sweet. A bit high though at $31 K.....I don't mind though, Ican build my SB into whatever I want for a whole lot cheaper. The chopping has already begun. I feel I have a good platform to continue with, and being that I know fabrication/welding....the fun has only begun. I would prob. recommend one from thunder MT.

I also sat on one of their long rake new school choppers, and man....is those bikes balanced. I went to take it off the stand and I pulled it right on up and it almost shocked me. I was used to my SB. I don't know about the long distance rides, but would be great for hot rodding around town and close to home. Seems like quality equipment if you ask me though. Later, Chase

Old 04-10-2007, 02:25 AM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother in law bought there 2004 Blackhawk 240 about two weeks before his job moved him for two months out of town. He didn't want it to sit, so I basically parked my bike and rode his. They are very nice. All HD componets so you can have any HD dealer run diagnostic on it. The only thing I would change would be get an EFI. I live near there Denver dealership and they have a new Firestone, it sits low, wide tire. Man its nice. If you are going to spend 30K you might as well fly out to their HQ for $500 and get the one you want.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 AM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your Zip code is WY, thats to close not to go to the Loveland CO, Headquarters.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 AM
BlackHawk240
Stage I

I just purchased my BlackHawk and have about 900 miles on it and it is great.

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Choppers