Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Ever used Bugslide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM
scooter9
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever used Bugslide?

I'm gonna try a post here in "detailing" after being bashed in another forum for posting my opinion about a new product. I am ALWAYS looking for anything to make detailing my ride easier and quicker. I think for those of us who love to ride, the quicker it gets done, the more riding time we have. So my effortsposting thisare only because I found something really worth checking out andJust like stopping for the guy that's broke down by the side of the road, some of us just want to help...

So here goes; I went to a local swap meet and got this new stuff called Bugslide. I was skeptical at first, but thought I'd give it a try. Well it does everything it claims and then some. It cleans, polishes and removes bugs easily. It does makes future cleaning easier and it DOES resist fingerprints. I've got a black bike and well...you all know what a pain in the a*s fingerprints are. I've used it all over my bike and car. Windshield, glass, paint, chrome, leather. I've used other stuff, but I'm sold on this stuff. I honestly can't say anything bad about it, its that good. I know that some Harley dealers and other bike shops here in WI are selling it; but I know you can get it directly from the distributor. www.jackiebluewear.com

For what its worth to anyone...Just my 2 cents [X(]

Old 05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
hddm3
1st Gear
Default RE: Ever used Bugslide?

cool. im like you, always looking for something better. great post will check it out hddm3

Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 AM
3Dog
Tourer

Wouldnt the polish remove the microscopic protective finish??

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 AM
tizone
Tourer

I just ordered some. I spend an average30 minutes after every long ride trying to get the darn bugs off of my bike. I especially like the small travel bottle that they give you. I will keep that in the bags and hit the bike really quick at gas stops to try and prevent those little buggers from drying onto the bike along the way. I will post a review of my own after I have used it a few times.

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:31 AM
lschultz
Road Master

I saw your other post about this and ordered some. It does work good. And the bike does not collect as much dust as it use to do setting in the garage. We live in the country and there are hog pens around us so it is usually dusty. Use some on the windsheild when I did the car and you don't need the windsheild wipers as much when it rains. The bugs do come off easier.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:00 AM
6Clicks
Cruiser

Sounds a lot like Boms Away. Dampen the cloth, spray the stuff on the wet choth , clean bike and polish with micro fiber towel. Works great too.I Bought it at the Rally in the Valley at Maggie Valley NC. I've got 8k on my 07 Ultra and only washed it with water once.