Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

I'm Back

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Thamyris
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I'm Back

ok I'm back.
Not necessarily here on these forums. but finally back riding to speak.
Long story short.... It seems a harley "found me" to ride it and make it have a home...let me explain.....
I am 43yrs old and am from the south, born in kentucky, raised in florida. now living in minnesota. I use to ride all through my 20's it was my one and only means of transportation rain or shine.
till one day my bike was gone "stolen" and never recovered.

was never able to have the opportunity or able get the funds up to get back to my roots. "life just wasn't tossing me the chance" I say my roots as my dad was biker his whole life till he was killed by a drunk driver when I was only 2yrs of age. he got hit while riding his triumph home from work.

Having the urge to just ride again for many many years after my loss of my first bike, I had finally saved up a little cash to just get something to ride.
I wasn't really caring on what it was, I just wanted to ride.

I looked for a long time to find something "anything" I could afford. I had a very small budget. went to a cycle shop with the intent to just look at a yamaha V-star that was used but in ok condition it was a 600cc nothing special but I would be able to ride and thats what was important to me.
and the shop i went to was like the one that was furthest away from me..
i dont even know i chose to go there first.. for some reason i just did..
my wife was like why are we going to this one its so far away.. i said i dont know just want to go look... anyhow we arrive i get to looking around..

I got to talking to the guy at the shop and was telling him my story don't know how we got on the subject but I spilled it all out anyway as it was the convo we were having.. and he all of a sudden dismissed the bike I was looking at and it was the only one in the shop I could really afford.

he tells me that he had something come in from a friend that was 75yrs old cause he couldn't ride anymore he actually sold this bike to them the day before on easter. he takes me in the back where there is a field of bikes and he starts looking for it.. took him like 30min to find it and he yells "hey I found it this is the one you want!"

Im thinking ok? I cant even see it how does he know I want it... heh...
I end up crawling over bike after bike just to look at what it was. having no idea it was a harley as I was in a honda dealership kind of place.. lol
I go and look , i sit on it it feels as if it was riden by a little old man.. heh i think well i can get some new bars and things for it etc sometime to make it fit me better...and im like yeah thats nice but I don't think I can afford that.. I only have so much I can spend.. he says I can cut you a deal on it.. he quotes me a price... and I say im sorry to decline but I don't have that much money on me...he says let me go see something... he comes back with another quote... again I say im sorry... but I only have this much money and... he says stop... im like ?

he says give me a few moments ok.. I say ok.. he comes back and asks me how much do you have to spend? i tell him he says i can sell you the bike for that.. i say ok what will the taxes be and title...etc.. paperwork.. he tells me..
I say well im sorry I am still unable to do it.. I tell him what I have and thats all I have at all to spend.. he says ok i can sell it to you for that....
im feeling kind of amazed he goes over starts it right up.. he says this bike was very very well taken care of you wont be disappointed I promise just trust me on this ok...
I ask him I said how can you sell me this bike at this price? "cause for what i paid and what I got don't mesh together"
He says to me, this bike aint about the price right now.
I say ok im trusting you.

we go in fill out the paper work, he says we are also going to deliver it, give us a week or so ok. again looks at me and says trust me.
well normally im not one to trust anyone but for some reason that day I let my guard down and I did.

a week and 4 days go by I call the shop to inquire as of when it might be delivered, they guy that sold me the bike says 2 more days...
the days pass and it shows up..
somehow the bike has been rearranged with new bars on it that now fit my body size, the entire thing looks like it was detailed. i can see some new parts and things i did not see before. my mind is kind of getting blown away as it seems to be even nicer then when I looked at it...
I literally cried thinking what it was I had done to deserve such a gift.

so with all of that said, I truly believe this bike found me by fate, it was not me out searching for or even intending to truly purchase this bike.
It is a 1998 95th anniversary edition sportster. XL1200c.
It is obvious it was well taken care of and has just over 20k miles.
It rides great, runs great, it in a lot of ways still seems like a really almost brand new bike.

If you are still reading at this point ty for listening to my story and i hope to get to know some of you here on these forums better.

Thanks.
Michael,
"AKA" Thamyris.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 AM
WILDWOOD_1124
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:05 AM
stockglock1927
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PICTURES !!!! WE NEED PICTURES!!

GREAT STORY DUDE. ENJOY IT AND RIDE SAFE.

BUT HAY WE STILL NEED PICS

Old 05-15-2014, 06:20 AM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,825 Posts

Welcome

Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 AM
russ33541
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 205 Likes on 203 Posts

Welcome to the forum from the Tampa area.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 AM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Howzit and Welcome From Kentucky and a Displaced Cut N Shoot Texan

Haole

Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome!!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:05 AM