Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner - WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM
beastie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S100 Total Cycle Cleaner - WTF!

I've used this product a couple of times and it gives me problems. I usually hose off a cool bike, spray S100 TCC on, use a lambs wool mitt and a soft brush to hit all the surfaces, working fast. I thoroughly rinse every square inch of the bike. I use a leaf blower and a microfiber towel to dry. The following day, I'll spot a metal part that seems corroded by a chemical. The latest is my rear wheel. It seems like something caustic or acidic sits and then leaves a stain or discoloration. Am I letting S100 sit too long (5 minutes) before I rinse? Am I using this product incorrectly?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like S100... for just the reasons you mention. No matter how much and how long I rinse...... I never seem to get it all off.

I have a bottle I'll probably never finish using...... waste of cash for me.

The following users liked this post:
Noodles (07-16-2020)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikekoz13
I don't like S100... for just the reasons you mention. No matter how much and how long I rinse...... I never seem to get it all off.

I have a bottle I'll probably never finish using...... waste of cash for me.

X2, If you use S100 you need to wax and polish immediatley or it will mess up stuff

Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
beastie
Cruiser

How about Bike Brite? Does it give the same problems as S100 spray cleaner?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I never let it sit on 5 minutes. I rinse the bike down first then spray it on the front wheel and triple trees and foot pegs let it sit for about 30 seconds then rinse well. No problem.
I did have a problem with the foaming S-100 on the triple trees once. After I washed the bike it looked like the triple trees had white corrosion. I polished the crap out of them with Mothers aluminum polish and never used the foaming stuff again.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by beastie
I've used this product a couple of times and it gives me problems. I usually hose off a cool bike, spray S100 TCC on, use a lambs wool mitt and a soft brush to hit all the surfaces, working fast. I thoroughly rinse every square inch of the bike. I use a leaf blower and a microfiber towel to dry. The following day, I'll spot a metal part that seems corroded by a chemical. The latest is my rear wheel. It seems like something caustic or acidic sits and then leaves a stain or discoloration. Am I letting S100 sit too long (5 minutes) before I rinse? Am I using this product incorrectly?
I used S100 on my old bike and it etched the aluminum on my engine. I am using it up on my cars, and it smells just like the acid in boat hull cleaner. I don't think that has any business near my Harley!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 PM
jneubig
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too tried the S100 one time on my old bike. I rinsed it extremely well with cistern water and still had the white spots mentioned above. I know others swear by it, but it's never coming near my bike again.

The following users liked this post:
Noodles (07-16-2020)
Old 06-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

S100 makes some good detailing products but their wash product is not one of them. I used it years ago on a RK and no matter how well I rinsed it would leave spots. I had a problem with chrome pealing on the muffler caps twice on the low side of the bike where water would drip after washing.

It was handled under warranty but the second time the tech asked if I was using S100 as he suspected it was the cause of the problems with mine and others he has seen. I quit using it and never had another problem.

It is caustic and way stronger than it has to be. There is nothing better for washing a bike or a car than good old fashion car wash soap that you can buy by the gallon at Sam's containing a mild soap that won't strip wax and a water softening agent.

BTW, my latest and greatest find is Ballistol. Mostly used for cleaning and lubing firearms it has many uses - add a couple of ounces to your regular soap in a bucket and it does wonders. I use it in a spray bottle with 50/50 water as a detailer too. Water proofs leather, brings back the black on engine paint and fairing, etc.

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner = Fail.

Last edited by Potato_Potato; 06-19-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
david christopher
Road Master

their metal soap is awesome

Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys having problems with S100 leaving white spots, how long are you leaving it on before rinsing?

Quick Reply: S100 Total Cycle Cleaner - WTF!