Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bags that work

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:51 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bags that work

I'd like to know what bags you're using with the GBG turn signal relocation kit.
It seems the signals are not quite far enough back and may interfere with the bags.
I'm looking at the HD black distressed bags but since dealers don't stock them I don't want to order until I'm sure they fit. Thanks in advance and pictures of your set up would be great.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:00 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I got the LeatherPro reproduction FXDXT bags, I swapped out the standard rear signals for Allow Art LED signals. The Alloy Art signals slip over the tips of the fender struts and do not interfere with the bags at all. http://www.alloyart.com/products/dsl.html

Old 09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks, what year is your bike, mine is a 14' with the stock run/turn/brake signals. I see 05' in your sig.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't like the Harley bags because they let rain in so I got these from the Motorcycle Superstore on the cheap. And don't need a turn signal relocation which was primary for me. And there is a internal flap that covers your belongings to keep them dry.

Attached Thumbnails Bags that work-121.jpg  
Old 09-22-2014, 03:59 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Dyna is in fact a 2005 model. Both the Alloy Art signal lights, and the LeatherPro bags (which are awesome by the way) can be had to fit most Dyna model years.

When you order the LeatherPro bags, you are asked what model year your bike is, and then send you appropriate hardware for your model year. Likewise, if you call Alloy Art, you will learn that they make their signal lights for most model years. You just have to ask.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:18 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff's 1st Harley
I didn't like the Harley bags because they let rain in so I got these from the Motorcycle Superstore on the cheap. And don't need a turn signal relocation which was primary for me. And there is a internal flap that covers your belongings to keep them dry.
So....do you have saddlebag supports behind those bags, or are you just letting them rub on the suspension until they rub through?

Garry

Old 09-22-2014, 05:53 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I have the layback license plate kit, and turn signal relocation kit on my '14 FXDC. I'm using LeatherPros FXDXT Retro T-Sport bags. They are exactly what I wanted, and I draw crowds whenever I stop.

Here's a view from the rear, showing the new license plate mount and turn signals:

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 09-22-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 PM
DynaGlider27
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default National cycle bags

You can get the national cycle bags that have the cut outs for the turn signals, if you don't want to change that stuff. I have had mine for just over a year and love them. I don't have an turn signals to worry about. The shape of them go with the flow of the rear fender perfect. They will need a little adjusting of the lid hardware to make them shut good. I have a friend that run them for several years and numerous cross country trips at high speeds and never had a problem. He did leave the quick detach loose once and one went sliding down the highway, but it never busted.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
So....do you have saddlebag supports behind those bags, or are you just letting them rub on the suspension until they rub through?

Garry
Of course I do can't you see the mount, or are you just trying to be a

Old 09-23-2014, 11:03 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff's 1st Harley
Of course I do can't you see the mount, or are you just trying to be a
My apologies, I did not see the mount and it looked like the bag was rubbing on the lower part of the shock, but after looking closer I can see it. I have repaired so many of those throwovers when guys thought they could get by without the supports, that I guess I got a little trigger happy.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Quick Reply: Bags that work