Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re wiring Front Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:17 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re wiring Front Turn Signals

Hello, I removed the front turn signals on my 14 Street Bob when I first bought it. I cut them between the signal and housing leaving about an inch of wire on each. I'm getting ready to trade it in on a Street Glide Special and putting it back to almost stock. I wired the clutch side signal up and it works fine but when trying to wire the throttle side I accidently pulled the purple wire out of the housing. It came out with the square metal end attached to the wire. I pushed the metal end back into the hole and it felt like it went back in where it came from but I'm getting no function from that signal. The running light or blinker is not working. I'm sure it won't be a deal breaker for the dealer because that is the only issue with the bike. Any tips on fixing this or just leave it and let the dealer fix it when traded? Thanks very much!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:53 PM
LAFO
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd let the dealer take care of it before make it worse. You probably pulled too hard and loosens up another one of the three wires.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:17 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by LAFO
I'd let the dealer take care of it before make it worse. You probably pulled too hard and loosens up another one of the three wires.
That's what I was thinking. I just hate having to trade the bike with any issues. Im probably thinking too much into it.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

those little connectors can be a pita, but once properly seated they should not come out on their own anymore. so pull the wire that was loose and if it just comes out turn it 1/4 turn and try to re-insert it and so forth until it clicks in and stays put. You should be doing this with the male/female connectors apart, you may have to wiggle it a bit to get it into the right position, let us know!

Old 09-29-2014, 11:33 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by maddghost
those little connectors can be a pita, but once properly seated they should not come out on their own anymore. so pull the wire that was loose and if it just comes out turn it 1/4 turn and try to re-insert it and so forth until it clicks in and stays put. You should be doing this with the male/female connectors apart, you may have to wiggle it a bit to get it into the right position, let us know!

Thanks, I will get out in the garage tomorrow and play with it. The new bike won't be in till Thursday so I have some time before trading.