Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 2007 Dyna Street Bob have a security system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 05:13 PM
mloupee4926
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the 2007 Dyna Street Bob have a security system?

I am new here so hopefully I am posting in the right place. I just bought my first Harley this week. I bought it from a dealership that sells bikes on ebay. I thought buying from a dealership might be slightly more expensive but I hoped would be a safer way to go (I am scared of hidden engine problems etc).

Anyways, I've ridden the bike a few times. A red light always comes on. The dealership says it is simply an aftermarket gauge and basically is nothing to worry about (I still have to call them and get their full explanation). However, a different mechanic looked at it and thought that it was part of a security system and there is supposed to be a fob. Do all 2007 street bobs have the security system? Or was this just an option?

Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Option.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:45 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

That is not an aftermarket gauge. It is a genuine HD gauge combo. The light indicates trouble codes. Had same gauge in my 07. Had it replaced once still wouldn't work correctly. Returned and reinstalled stock speedo no problems since.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member

www.hdforums.com/.../302797-updated-how-to-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtc -s.html

Old 11-13-2014, 05:55 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Bikes with fobs wont start without it present.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:59 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member

It is throwing a code/codes. If my link doesn't work maybe someone else can post it up. This is correct security with no fob will not start and signals will flash.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:25 AM
mloupee4926
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the responses. Since I just had an inspection done on the bike yesterday and the mechanic found no problems - should I assume that the light is meaningless and is like a false reading? What would you guys do about this?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:18 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can take to any harley shop they be happy to check for code it easy for them to do. I say it probably something screwy with that speedo is all and not get upset. I just did a Dakota digital gauge on a 07 street bob and it claims the bike is in 5;th gear all the time i just ignore it

Old 11-14-2014, 04:32 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mloupee4926
I appreciate the responses. Since I just had an inspection done on the bike yesterday and the mechanic found no problems - should I assume that the light is meaningless and is like a false reading? What would you guys do about this?
Light is not meaningless. You can check for codes yourself. My 07 would not work with that gauge. Kept throwing codes. I believe there are others with/without problems on 07's. If a dealer is telling you it's nothing I wouldfind a new dealer. What if it's like mine was always throwing the light. No big deal but how are you gonna tell if it's throwing real codes for real issues or just the combo acting out? Mine couldn't be fixed so I put my stock speedo back in and 0 problems after that. I don't think my link works. So do a search for diagnostic trouble codes. It will show you how to do it and the meaning of the codes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I have the same speedo on my '07 SB with no probs. The speedo has to learn the new ecu upon install, and could have encountered a problem there. I was wondering if your has a fuel gauge in the left corner of the display. That is the only visible difference I can see between yours and mine. If that isn't getting a signal from the fuel sending unit that could possibly throw a code. I have no idea for sure just guessing.

Quick Reply: Does the 2007 Dyna Street Bob have a security system?