Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Lighting/Plate Relocation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:46 PM
suthpaw22
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Lighting/Plate Relocation Questions

Hey guys,

I am looking at changing up the rear lighting and license plate location on my 2014 Superglide. I'm hoping to get some feedback on best options and pricing for what I am looking and any legal concerns as this is my daily driver.
To start off, the license plate bracket. I want to moved that to a side mount, preferably vertical and curved. I saw a pic the other day that I can't find now, but the license plate bracket actually carried the same lines and curved with the chain guard. Looked really good in the one pic I saw. Questions on this is, does anyone have that setup and can point me in the right direction, good alternative to that, best affordable options for relocation, is vertical and curved legal, and is not having an illumination light on the bikes plate legal?

Also, I am looking at changing the rear turn signals and tail light to LED. I'd like a low profile, dark tinted tail light, and preferably dark tinted turn signals that ran as auxiliary brake, running, and turn signals. My questions here are what is the best and most affordable options here and can turn signals legally have dark tinted lenses?

Thank you all in advance

Old 04-06-2016, 02:57 PM
AKFXD
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

You should look up the actual law for license plate mounting in your state.
I'm my state, the plate has to be horizontal and there is a minimum distance from the road to the plate.
I got license plate lights that are built in to bolts that hold the plate on. They seem plenty bright enough and look good also.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:29 PM
suthpaw22
Cruiser

Seems to be open to interpretation here in FL, which isn't a good thing. I've never seen bolts like you mentioned. I will have to look into that.
Any thoughts on the tail light or turn signals?

Old 03-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Chris Shope
Stage I
Default Yes, you can

It is legal to have a vertical mounted license plate. However, you have to purchase a special vertical license plate from penndot, $20. A plate mentioned for horizontal mount is not allowed to be mounted vertically.