Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Brackets vs. Cycle Visions Bare Backs

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:23 AM
mehlbs73
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Easy Brackets vs. Cycle Visions Bare Backs

I have a 08 Super Glide and I'm in a predicament. I know there are a ton of opinions floating around on the forum about which quick detach brackets to use for hard saddlebags....

I recently got a pair of throwover for a gift from my family. They fit poorly due to my turn signals and one piece quick detach sissy bar from Harley. So I'm looking into either the Bare Backs form Cycle Vision or Easy Brackets from Great Bike Gear. Opinions from anyone using either of these, or anyone who has had both?! I know the Easy Brackets are supposed to rattle, but a quick and easy fix is offsetting the Docking Points by a small washer. To me this seems like no big deal, I know others have complained about looks of this on your strut.... The Cycle Visions seem a little risky with my quick detach sissy bar. Easy Brackets makes an exact part for this situation, and Cycle Visions Bare Backs do not to my knowledge. Additionally, Easy Brackets seem to be quicker to take on and off and they lock. If any of you could comment on the rattle, the fit (i.e. the space between the fender and your saddlebag,) ease of use, and any other comments or concerns about either system that'd be great! Thanks for the help.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:11 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I know a couple of guys who use Easy but haven't seen a single person using the Bare Backs. Not saying there is no one, just don't know of any personally.

The following users liked this post:
mehlbs73 (05-11-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 01:10 PM
mehlbs73
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just wanted to update anyone in the same situation that I was in.... I went with Easy Brackets on my 2008 FXD Super Glide and couldn't be happier. I got rid of my stock turn signals and bought an integrated tail light from Custom Dynamics which works and looks great! Then I installed the Easy Brackets on my already existing quick detach docking points and it was so easy. I don't have any rattling at all and it works flawlessly. Best of luck to anyone in the same predicament.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:15 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Ez brackets in my fatboy and love them. I'll throw in some pics if you like a bit later. Different platform obviously but the idea should be the same.
Lol. I think my page didn't load fully! Congrats!!!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:14 PM
zamiam
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have edge brackets on my fxdf which I believe are better than easy (which are a copy I think?). They don't rattle that I notice and I've done quite a few thousand miles with my bags on.

http://www.edgeleather.com/General-I...-Brackets.html