Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Mac.
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corbin Seats

Hey guys. I've been thinking about buying a Corbin seat for my 94 Low Rider, the Gunfighter seat to be exact, and I was wanting to get some info from people that have or have had Corbin seats.

I was wanting to know if their "close" version is for shorter people or if it's a mix of comfort and being short? Their "Close" version definition is "the seating area is built closer to the bars with a narrower nose to give better ground reach." And I also was wanting to compare it to their standard version.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:29 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Do a search in the touring section. Lots of corbin threads there.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:51 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Corbin makes a nice seat but they have a reputation for having bad customer service.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:14 PM
fatmanontwowheels
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold a Corbin in favor of a C&C seat. One of the best things I did for my bike.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

My butt and lower back would always hurt after a day in the saddle. Last year I picked up a Corbin Gunfighter Solo with a back rest. The seat is a vast improvement over the stock seat, as well as a Sundowner that I use when my wife rides with me. Last weekend I took a 4 day road trip and used the back rest for the first time. Four full days riding and no butt or back pain! So, my review on the Corbin is a good one.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:31 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have bought Corbins for years, but after the last fiasco there is no way I would ever buy from them again. Customer service is crap! So is quality control. It's hit or miss with them. If you can go to them with your bike . . they are ok. If you have them ship it to you . . good luck! There are too many seat makers who do great work to chance dealing with Corbin these days.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Try Le Pera seats...great quality and good customer service. I've been using their Sillouette Up front for the last 6 years. Great for shorter folks and quality product.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:15 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,231 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmanontwowheels
I sold a Corbin in favor of a C&C seat. One of the best things I did for my bike.
Why do you like the C&C better?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Loved the Gunfighter I ran on my Sporty years ago, but with Corbin's rep for CS lately, no way I'd deal with them.

For my money, C&C all the way. Just as comfortable as the Corbin (tho not as hard/stiff initially), less money & they are a great company to deal with. My Sport Tour, with the brown leather & diamond-tuck stitch, with sissybar pad re-covered to match, PLUS shipping from CA to NC cost less than an off the shelf Corbin. And, when they goofed & used the wrong leather on the sissybar pad, there was a paid return label in my inbox, before we got off the phone.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

My wife and I both run Corbin seats. Love them. Talked to another guy who said the customer service was top notch as well.
If you can I suggest going there to their shop. Easiest way and then you can pick out everything you want.
If you have to do it remotely then walk through everything with them. Don't just say I want a seat kind of thing. You pick out your stitching, colors, etc so it's a little more involved.
My lady's saddle brings her a little closer. Works great for her.

The following users liked this post:
Mac. (06-27-2016)

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats