Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extension Kit for Forward Conrols?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:57 PM
sims5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extension Kit for Forward Conrols?

Anyone ever used the Kuryakyn extension kit for the forward controls? It gives you another 3".

I'm 6'2" and have a Dyna Low Rider and just would to have a little more leg room.

FYI, The kit is on pg 568 in the 04 Dennis Kirk catalog for $180.

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Edgar
Tourer
Default RE: Extension Kit for Forward Conrols?

I want em' too. I tall myself and I have a wide glide. I would love to have a nother 2" but I don't know about 3" If you get em', make sure to tell us what you think.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:44 AM
sims5
Cruiser

Edgar, I was hoping you would try them and let me know how they are.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Edgar
Tourer

I'll give it some more thought. I've rode about 700 miles in the past two weeks and the extensions are seeming more desireable.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:36 PM
kbwideglide
5th Gear

Hello all. I'm new to the forum but wanted to throw in my two cents on the extensions. I am 6'3" and I had the 3" Kuryakyn extensions put on my 2004 Wide Glide less than a month after getting it, and I wouldn't give them back for anything. Most of my height is in my legs (36"-38" inseam pants are required), but they are allot more comfortable than the stock setup for me. They appear to stick out a bit up front, but maybe with some additional rake you wouldn't even notice. I will say however, that the last H-D tech that worked on my bike complained a little (he was a few inches shorter than me), because he said he had to sit on the tank to reach the pegs and 12.5" apes well enough to ride it.

Thanks for letting me chime in and I look forward to posting more in the future.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Edgar
Tourer

Thanks kb, that helps. Would you happened to have a pic of them? Also, would I still be able to use my HD flame pegs with the extensions?

Old 02-03-2005, 10:37 PM
sims5
Cruiser

kbwideglide,
I would like to second the request for pics of your bike with the extensions. I wear a 34-36 inseam and think that I would like them and am glad to hear from someone that has tried them. Thanks for posting. If you aren't sure how to post a pic, just email it directly to me and I'll post it for you.

sims5@voyager.net

Old 02-03-2005, 11:34 PM
kbwideglide
5th Gear

I posted some photos in the HDF Members Gallery (I think thats what it was called). Outside photo was this past summer and indoor was a couple weeks ago after getting some winter work finished up. I don't think you would have a problem with any pegs that I can think of. The flame pegs allow you to adjust the angle I think and that would be all you would need to do. I currently have the H-D custom footpegs but am replacing them with Arlen Ness knurled this spring.

Oh yeah, anybody got any tips on loading a profile photo or avatar, I am having a heck of a time. I am using broadband to upload and Photoshop to create the pict. I don't know what the deal is.

ORIGINAL: Edgar

Thanks kb, that helps. Would you happened to have a pic of them? Also, would I still be able to use my HD flame pegs with the extensions?

Old 02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
kbwideglide
5th Gear

Figured out my uploading problems. I am on a Mac using Safari which the upload didn't like. I switched to Netscape and it worked fine. Macs rock, but sometimes its a PC world.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Edgar
Tourer

Thanks KB, They seem to fit fine. I guess I'm gonna have to get some.

Quick Reply: Extension Kit for Forward Conrols?