Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Sucker - Normal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Torpedo1
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Got the kit from DK quick! Ordered Monday, received this afternoon. Drilling and tapping went fine, but when I went to put the backing plate back, I could only get the black posts about two turns into the stand offs. I forget how they were originally but I think I stripped the threads when I was taking them off.

So, I had to get a stupid replacement hardware kit to finish the project.

Quick question since I've been unclear on both times I installed a Big Sucker - do you put the posts in the throttle body first, then screw the stand offs on, or do torque the posts into the stand offs, then screw the whole thing into the throttle body?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Torpedo1
Tourer

Called Arlen Ness and asked about the set screws and they said most people do it wrong - you torque the set screw into the stand off, then put that into the throttle body plate. That's what I've been doing but posted for anyone also curious.

Last question - I have no idea where to route this hose on my Street Bob. Looked at photos on threads but couldn't tell how it should go. I was thinking to attach near the front of the bike but didn't see anyone else doing that. It's my last step, any ideas?

Old 12-21-2016, 07:21 AM
NC Rob
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

People have all different ideas but I am a bit leery about venting it under the bike and getting any oil on my tire(s). I use a cheap crankcase breather filter to catch the oil and change it every year or so. You can buy them at probably any of the auto stores, I usually get them from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291660671298

Old 12-21-2016, 09:26 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

If you're lucky and don't have a bulimic engine, you can just use breather bolts, but if have a puker, a catch can would be wise...or do it old school and dump it into the exhaust collector where it can be actively scavenged and blown out the back safely.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:15 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Ive got mine vented under the bike just behind the mid-peg. I dont drop much, when I clean the undercarriage I get any residual frame jizzle. If your putting out enough bb to get it on your tires, its not coming from the breather ports and would look for an oil leak.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Torpedo1
Tourer

Here's where I ended up putting it, just ran it on the front then bottom of the frame, then put the filter right before my mids. I don't really see anything that would cause an issue with it being there, so that's where it went.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:57 PM
NC Rob
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great and now you will have a clean breathing engine!

Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Crankshaft-lffl
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Until you vent that **** to atmosphere, yes it will be normal. Lots of threads on the subject.....do a search and spend some time getting to know the problem. Come back with questions, we're here to help.
ohh so what your saying is the lack of research from the MOCO to provide an engine with pcv that doesn't leak is ok with some of you or the fact we spent 30 grand or so on an oil pump
my self I'm pissed my RGU had a motor put in at 3500 mi
clutch letting lose at hard acceleration
oil leaking from aircleaner
hand grips that spin
they can't fix the problems
love the bike power etc not the problems

Old 09-19-2017, 10:30 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Crankshaft-lffl
ohh so what your saying is the lack of research from the MOCO to provide an engine with pcv that doesn't leak is ok with some of you or the fact we spent 30 grand or so on an oil pump
my self I'm pissed my RGU had a motor put in at 3500 mi
clutch letting lose at hard acceleration
oil leaking from aircleaner
hand grips that spin
they can't fix the problems
love the bike power etc not the problems
Welcome to the site.
Nice first post/rant.
We might be able to get you some help or answers. Just post your questions with as much info as you can and we'll see what we can do.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:57 AM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,013 Likes on 602 Posts

Any system is better than stock EPA dictated puke into intake sytem Harley rollover and die design. Barbeque piston tops quickly.

Quick Reply: Big Sucker - Normal?