Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:41 AM
chicanagirl
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Defender

No longer in production. I always liked the styling of it. Anyone ride one? If so give me your review of it.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:51 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a defender, Think it was an 02 or 03 I can't remember. It was amazing, wish I would have never sold it. Id love to pick up another one if I get the chance. The FXDPs came with a different cam than the standard TC88s, not sure which one though. It was faster than my buddies 96 Sbob and he hated it. It rode great, the 2 over forks and tall OEM shocks rode great as well. Also, for whatever reason it was so stable at high speeds, no rear wobble or anything.

Mine unfortunately didn't come with the police goodies, bags, floorboards, radio box, etc. But it still have the police switches and dash. Heres what It came out to look like when I bought it and what I did to it before I sold it.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:52 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I had one- rode/handled like most any dyna. Best part was the floorboards, comfort wise. Same power as a stock dyna. Decent set of hard bags, RK like windshield.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:13 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 2003 FXDP. Nice bike. The dash is plain, it had floorboards, safety start switch in the clutch lever (had to pull in the clutch to start it) other than that pretty nice Dyna.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:16 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Best bike I've had, but sadly it got totaled out by a car...

It's already been said, but it's the best bike (FXDX) made better with bigger cams, hardbags, floor boards and auxiliary lights.

Here's a few shots starting with the day I got her and a few nods later

Old 01-29-2017, 10:55 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Best bike I've had, but sadly it got totaled out by a car...

It's already been said, but it's the best bike (FXDX) made better with bigger cams, hardbags, floor boards and auxiliary lights.

Here's a few shots starting with the day I got her and a few nods later

Thats a proper DP man, shame it got totaled.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:20 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Interesting! I've never heard of this. Looks like a cool bike!

Old 01-29-2017, 12:47 PM
2001 fxdxt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was torn between the fxdxt & the fxdp as both popped up when I was looking around. There were slight but significant differences, the best was IMO was the police had the key in the dash, not the stupid place of regular Dynas & they also got the high output alternator. They had run flats but were to be solo only & the solo was air on some I've seen.
They really weren't bought by departments here so they didn't have that cop bike stigma. What pushed me towards the fxdxt was I prefer mids over floor boards( not a deal breaker as it's an easy swap), didn't like the bags(wasnt feeling the fxdxt bags(bags should be leather except on a dresser) until I used them & quickly appreciated the expandableness), but what I didn't like was the frame/crashbar mounted headlight & tombstone shield. Another easy swap as well, but I went with the one that I didn't need to change to suit my taste.
Funny how the pieces I usually don't appreciate turn out to be the most sought after. The moral of this story is don't go by me, I don't know what I'm doing.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:34 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

^^ lol your review of FXDP is that you don't like any of the things that make it an FXDP

Old 01-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Feileod
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Great bike, what's not to like.

Quick Reply: Defender