Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another awesome fuel moto thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 01:18 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Another awesome fuel moto thread

Ordered a Power Commander V from Fuel Moto, it arrived super quick and they pre-programmed it with their best map for my bike/mods.

Looking on the dynojet website, I was worried because they didn't have any maps for the FXDL w/ 103 HO...I emailed them a while back and they said they hadn't had the chance to tune one.

I installed my PCV and went for a test ride...HOLY !@#$. No sputtering, coughing, popping. The tuning felt dialed in like a precision instrument.

At this point, I don't see any reason to even get a dyno tune...nice job Fuel Moto, u saved me a few hundred bucks with your awesome map.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:43 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I think FM can probably put out a pretty nice map for any EFI Harley engine that is stock, Stage 1, or Stage 2. Once you go beyond that, FM can still give you a good starter map but a dyno tune becomes more warranted.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

The PCV from Fuel Moto just arrived, tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to have it installed on my '06 Ultra.Hope the map is right just like yours and won't need a dyno tune.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:12 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by luisan
The PCV from Fuel Moto just arrived, tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to have it installed on my '06 Ultra.Hope the map is right just like yours and won't need a dyno tune.
I wouldn't take it to the dealer though, it's plug and play. I just put a PCV on my 2016 Gixxer 1000 and it was a bit more involved because the TPS is "way in there".

The Harley was a 10 minute job though.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:54 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah I know, but since I don't trust my hands I got it installed today (they didn't charge me) and went for a short ride but I couldn't tell any difference from before the PCV.Tomorrow going for a 150 Mi. ride and we'll see!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:36 PM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm planning on buying the same PCV with FM. So how does it work? I can just install myself and the bike will automatically adjust to the pre-inputted settings? This will be installed after I install my exhaust and AC. Thanks for your help!

Old 07-20-2017, 01:17 PM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
Yeah I know, but since I don't trust my hands I got it installed today (they didn't charge me) and went for a short ride but I couldn't tell any difference from before the PCV.Tomorrow going for a 150 Mi. ride and we'll see!
Dude you load the tune? Just installing it doesn't load the tune on your bike.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain

So usually Fuelmoto will upload the map to the powercommander before shipping it to you (it will be labeled).

If it is not labeled, than it probably has a default map...default map literally does nothing.

Power commander is a fuel tuner, it basically gives you a throttle % versus RPM table which allows you to tune the fuel.

Unless you buy all the autotuner setup (twice as expensive) it does not tune anything automatically, you have to do it yourself.

The advantage of getting the PCV from Fuelmoto is they have a lot of maps they've created for other people on their DYNO. They find one from a similar bike with similar modifications to yours for you to try. Dynojet also has a few maps they've created you can download from their website.

The following users liked this post:
JayStronghawk (07-21-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:45 PM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry was thinking Power Vision not commander.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by natedog_37
Sorry was thinking Power Vision not commander.
The Power Vision IMHO is better Choice for the Newer Bikes .. No Piggyback Connect .. Just Upload the Right Tune and Put it away, or can Monitor and Tune it on the fly as Well ..

Quick Reply: Another awesome fuel moto thread