Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New crash bar - imported from Oz.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Great stuff mate glad I could help. Josh is a good dude and one hell of a stunt rider.

And yes they do save the bike! It's paid for itself already for me haha.

I do recommend rear shock crash bungs to save your pipe and rear end.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:40 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
I want one of these but don't know how it'll work with my forward controls. OP-how do you like the ultra cool oil cooler? Does it make much of a difference?
Here's the thing about Fwds. My Lindbar wouldn't work at all, because it only used one bolt (covered the second one). This uses two, so I suppose you could use longer bolts and bolt your fwd's through it. Not sure is the bar itself will interfere, or if the 1/4" thick bracket will extend the fwd controls to far out as to mess with the alignment. Your guess is as good as mine. But with the two bolts it looks possible to use forwards.

Ultracool seems to makes a big difference. I didn't have a temp gauge until after in installed the cooler, but with it I haven't been able to breat 230deg oil temps...

Last edited by Mchad; 05-17-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:44 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by brasher
Great stuff mate glad I could help. Josh is a good dude and one hell of a stunt rider.

And yes they do save the bike! It's paid for itself already for me haha.

I do recommend rear shock crash bungs to save your pipe and rear end.
I have a Bung King rear bar, but (I'm really not having luck with their products!) it won't fit with my pipe. The FuelMoto angles up a bit too much and it looks like the first bump and the bar will hit the pipe. So that's not an option.

Which rear crash bungs are you talking about?

Thanks again.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:38 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

I hesitate because people seem to get offended easy on even serious questions if they are the ones that have them (or want them)

I'm try to get my head around the "why"? It's not like it was "only $50..so why not?"

Is it for:
Mostly "looks"?
Tip-over protection?
Can you use it as Hwy pegs?

Of course keep in mind (if you can), that I'm coming from a different perspective (like others) of "I would just make them"

Old 05-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Yeah, that's the idea. Really more for a parking lot drop mostly. I don't think any crash bar is going to do much at speed. Havnt ridden with it yet, so I haven't tried to put my feet up on it. I've read that some put non slip on it for their feet. Don't know yet though.

Yes, I did run it up the right frame bar as it was too tight coming up the left with my taller bars and all. This fixed it nicely. Saved me having to pull the pipes off to change the cable.

Not really sure. Like I said, I doubt any bar would work in anything more then a pretty slow speed drop.

Just to add, it's exactly the same width as the BK bar, for what thats worth.
Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I hesitate because people seem to get offended easy on even serious questions if they are the ones that have them (or want them)

I'm try to get my head around the "why"? It's not like it was "only $50..so why not?"

Is it for:
Mostly "looks"?
Tip-over protection?

Of course keep in mind (if you can), that I'm coming from a different perspective (like others) of "I would just make them"
my response in bold above.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:32 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Yeah, I had read that, but I was wondering what the general take on it was when it was a specific question.

btw, I wasn't really directing the "taking offense" comment to you, it was more for anyone reading and commenting

Last edited by multihdrdr; 05-17-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:16 PM
fxdli
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I had gathered material a few weeks ago to build one. After seen yours I ll get off my A$$ an start building. will do pic along the way. Thanks for your post.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Mchad
Club Member

btw, I wasn't really directing the "taking offense" comment to you, it was more for anyone reading and commenting
Yeah I know. I'm just in a shitbag mood today from work... Sorry.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it for:
Mostly "looks"?
Tip-over protection?

I run the bung king and can say this:
  • Tip-Over protection, yes. I've dropped mine twice in my driveway (tall shocks + saddleman + before coffee) and once on an inclined shoulder. No damage to the bike.
  • Crash Protection, yes. Lane splitting between a truck and a prius. Prius drifted in his lane and I had to choose which car to hit. Chose the prius and rode away with a bent crashbar. Seen this happen to a buddy as well. In both cases, we were able to say upright and ride on.
  • Highway pegs, yes. Put some griptape on the end and your foot will stick to it.
  • Looks, I actually hate the look but the functionality of it makes me keep it on.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:37 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

When the bike tips over, where are the contact points? Handlebars, crash bar, & exhaust/primary?

Quick Reply: New crash bar - imported from Oz.