Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob tbr pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:30 PM
curtis1024
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default street bob tbr pipe help

hello guys new member here ( i did properly introduce myself don't worry). i recently hung up the sport bikes and purchased a 2017 street bob and have had the best couple months of riding in my entire life. i fell in love with the TBR pipe almost immediately, due to the fact that is what i ran on previous bikes. i am not new to wrenches and use them as a living,just not on motorcycles . i just have a few questions as far as the fitment. i have searched tbr exhaust and read through every thread i could find looking for answers before posting.

my first question is clearance, with the heat shield installed on the front header pipe my clearance is very slim , an 1/8 of an inch at best.

Edit: when referring to clearance i meant from the bottom of the foot peg

as far as the header pipes i am sure they are inserted completely into the as they are hugging the spring connections on the muffler.

on the install instructions it stated that you should reuse the front header pipe clamp. after fitting the pipe the front header clamp couldn't be used as the pipe was too far away from the stock bracket hole.

the clamp on the muffler was slightly misaligned, which in the field of work i am in we are constantly tweaking things and everyone knows nothing is ever perfect in any mechanical application, just trying to be thorough and get some advice from people who know far more about these bikes then i do.

thank you in advance for the help ( and sorry if its long winded)

Last edited by curtis1024; 06-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:19 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Hey man welcome to the forums. I picked the TBR because I ran them on my MX bikes.

I did the install on my Low Rider.

I remember when I began to install my TBR, I chunked the instructions into the corner and got to work with reading them. I immediately has alignment problems thinking that there is no-way that this thing is going to fit.

I slumped over to the corner and picked up the instructions and followed them to the T and magically it all lined up perfectly with plenty of clearance. It lined up like a G-string on a *******.

You should have more clearance than 1/8th.

Check out the YouTube. I watched it before hand and it helped.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:11 PM
curtis1024
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Hey man welcome to the forums. I picked the TBR because I ran them on my MX bikes.

I did the install on my Low Rider.

I remember when I began to install my TBR, I chunked the instructions into the corner and got to work with reading them. I immediately has alignment problems thinking that there is no-way that this thing is going to fit.

I slumped over to the corner and picked up the instructions and followed them to the T and magically it all lined up perfectly with plenty of clearance. It lined up like a G-string on a *******.

You should have more clearance than 1/8th.
thank you for your reply.you were able to use that front header clamp? i watched that video as well seems like im going to have to loosen up the headers and try to move them around or something.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:34 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

I too read the instructions to a Tee. The pipes went on with out any problems. I used the stock header clamps. Being a mechaninc I'm sure you know to not secure the bolts tight and completely install the pipes before wrenching on them. I've got more clearence then 1/8 inch as well.

BTW...I haven't had any expierence with TBR except for these pipes on my '15 SB. But I did my research and found they have a long history with MX so I went with them and couldn't be happier.

Curtis, did you get the Gen I or Gen II?

Old 06-13-2017, 01:39 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by curtis1024
thank you for your reply.you were able to use that front header clamp? i watched that video as well seems like im going to have to loosen up the headers and try to move them around or something.
I reused the stock one.

Before I was able to get everything lined up, my footpegs arm was touching the pipe ( keep in mind, my pegs are a little further forward than a Street Bob). Once lined up, there plenty of room between the exhaust and footpeg arm.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:42 PM
curtis1024
Intermediate

it is the gen 1, yes i did do all of that. like i said above maybe i need to back the header bolts almost all the way off and see what i can do with moving it around a bit , the front header definately has to tuck in closer somehow if everyone is able to use that front clamp .