Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Torque specs for rocker arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:12 AM
Tony1643
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Torque specs for rocker arm

I have a 2003 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic and I had a oil leak from the front cylinder. I took off the Valve cover and then took off the rocker arms and changed the bottom gasket. I put that back on , but I need the torque specs for all the bolts on the front cylinder. Thank You.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:11 AM
canyoncritter
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a nice summers eve tonight so il be that guy and say by a shopmanual if youre to lazy to search for one online

The following users liked this post:
sparkalot (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by canyoncritter
Its a nice summers eve tonight so il be that guy and say by a shopmanual if youre to lazy to search for one online
Thanks for being that guy canyoncritter

Last night I started searching for the answer on line just to be helpful to Tony1643, then stopped in my tracks...not because I believe everyone should invest a few bucks in a shop manual, I do believe that. But I stopped because I did not want to "enable" the idea that "some one else can do it for me" I will bend over backwards to help someone who at least tries to help themselves, but there I was, searching the internet for him.....I would be interested to hear from Tony1643 about what he did for himself to find the answer. Being that it was your one and only post is noticed. If you tried and put actual effort in let us know! Would like to hear from you man. That self effort can make a huge difference in how folks respond.

Last edited by sparkalot; 06-20-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:31 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

what is this bul*****? man asked for help

here's help:

FLH through FLHT 99-2005 applicable

The following 3 users liked this post by cvaria:
F86 (06-20-2017), KK560 (07-07-2023), TinCupChalice (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
what is this bul*****? man asked for help

here's help:

FLH through FLHT 99-2005 applicable
cvaria
Maybe I should be more charitable, and maybe I should thank your for calling me out on my response....benefit of the doubt was not part of my response how ever, based on past experience. Hopefully the help you provided is appreciated and maybe I can try to see the positive here.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:40 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Wink

Originally Posted by sparkalot
cvaria
Maybe I should be more charitable, and maybe I should thank your for calling me out on my response....benefit of the doubt was not part of my response how ever, based on past experience. Hopefully the help you provided is appreciated and maybe I can try to see the positive here.
i don't care how you take it. no offense intended. man asked for help not a list of proclivities and political musings.

people didn't do that to you, did they? in my ~6 years of being on the forum, i've never seen that. not only that, he clearly posted in the wrong forum and probably didn't know any better. this thread will probably get moved to touring.

that whole "get a manual" thing, if not paired with help, helps no one. sort of sending the message of "don't come here for help." we help each other, within reason/forum rules:
  • it's cool to say (1) "here's help this time but, get a manual moving forward."
  • to just say, (2) "get a manual", not really helpful.
  • if it is a constant (unreasonable) thing from the same person, then yeah, (3) "bro, go get a manual" lol.

that sound reasonable?

Last edited by cvaria; 06-20-2017 at 11:46 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by cvaria:
F86 (06-20-2017), KK560 (07-07-2023), Nemosengineer (06-20-2017), sparkalot (06-20-2017), TinCupChalice (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 12:26 PM
sparkalot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
i don't care how you take it. no offense intended. man asked for help not a list of proclivities and political musings.

people didn't do that to you, did they? in my ~6 years of being on the forum, i've never seen that. not only that, he clearly posted in the wrong forum and probably didn't know any better. this thread will probably get moved to touring.

that whole "get a manual" thing, if not paired with help, helps no one. sort send the message of "don't come here for help." we help each other, within reason/forum rules:
  • it's cool to say (1) "here's help this time but, get a manual moving forward."
  • to just say, (2) "get a manual", not really helpful.
  • if it is a constant (unreasonable) thing from the same person, then yeah, (3) "bro, go get a manual" lol.

that sound reasonable?
Yes. Your suggestions are sound, for sure. My past expierence with folks that are un appreciative and un willing to try on their own stopped me from jumping into it, but having said that, looking at things case by case is fair. Thank you for taking your time to post !

Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Tony1643
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque Specs

I went on you tube and found the specs for the rocker arms and the other 6 bolts, but it said to do it in a certain sequence which I don't have.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:40 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by sparkalot
Yes. Your suggestions are sound, for sure. My past expierence with folks that are un appreciative and un willing to try on their own stopped me from jumping into it, but having said that, looking at things case by case is fair. Thank you for taking your time to post !
it's all good. i was the bum asking for help early on. asking stupid stuff like bolt sizes and torque values... (and still do it from time to time, lol). i was green and doing work in my condo parking lot with no tools... folks helped me.

you all helped build my bikes and showed RIDICULOUS SUPPORT (unbelievable) after my accident and bike loss/rebuild. i'll help any one asking if i can. brotherhood (women too)

*man tears*

The following users liked this post:
BrysonG (06-05-2021)
Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tony1643
I went on you tube and found the specs for the rocker arms and the other 6 bolts, but it said to do it in a certain sequence which I don't have.

crosswise

Last edited by cvaria; 06-20-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Torque specs for rocker arm