Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Frame

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:46 PM
RSidhu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Frame

Hi All,
i am new to this forum and had a question regarding my Dyna repairs. I had a high side a week ago. MC is with the dealer. They sent a quotation for repairs to my insurance that says frame needs to be replaced. Adjuster is telling me frame don't need replacement it has a scrap and damage to the steering stop that can be repaired. I will ask the service dept this question too if this would be sufficient repair vs replacing the frame and down the road would not jeopardize the integrity of my MC. Of course the concern here is my safety. This was my first fall and luckily Got out of this without even a scratch..... thanks to my gear that I purchased last month, saved my skin. Although couple days later my rib cage and my arms started to hurt I believe becoz of lifting my street bob all by myself. Any suggestions recommendations? Please advice. Thank you in advance for help..... Ride on....

Old 06-23-2017, 11:53 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

1. Your insurance company sucks. Here where I am at, if you have a scratch in the frame it gets replaced or the whole bike gets written off. Brand new bike day =) . Your insurance company is trying to cheap you out.

2. Functionally your frame is fine. The problem is your frame can't be repaired....hence that's why the dealer likely quoted you for the frame because if you want it back at 100%, the only way is replacement. You don't putty a frame up like a car panel.

3. Your not sore not because of you lifting your bike. Your sore because of your fall. Soft tissue injury symptoms usually come a day or two after. You'll be sore for a bit. Go see a doctor just to rule out anything more than a sprain or strain.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 AM
RSidhu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Frame

Thank you so much for your input man. Much appreciated. I will stop by at the dealer tomorrow to discuss this and find out what exactly is the damage they have seen on the frame. I need my baby back 100% otherwise the other way around. I take your recommendation and will visit my doctor. I knew someone will point me in right direction. There was only one person out of all who stepped up to help me that day.... another biker..... I really have special respect after that and will give this back in return if and whenever I can..... let me know if there's any other recommendation. Thanks again.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:16 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

From a resale perspective...if insurance is covering it, you might as well bring it back to original state. Any buyer seeing mystery frame marks will be cautious in buying your bike in the future.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:09 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

For frame repairs, any heat or welding to repair/straighten, changes the temper of the metal, and unless the shop doing it, knows what they are doing... they 'can' create a weak spot.

I'd go for a new frame, or if totaled... new bike... maybe try to buy the old one back, to have donor parts for a custom frame

Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Glad to hear your gear just paid for itself! When you bought it, it was likely expensive.
When you used it, it became the bargain of the century.
If your gear needs replacing/upgrading, be sure to include those costs to your insurance.
Oh yeah, screw the bike. Get a new one.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:33 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'm surprised frame damage didn't automatically total the bike.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Dealers want to replace the frame if there is so much as a rock chip in it. My Daughter went through this last year with her dealer. Ever wonder why insurance is so costly?

Also when my Sons bike did have frame damage when only six weeks old it was not totaled. They replaced the frame.

Last edited by perki48; 06-24-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:46 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Me too.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:25 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Glad to hear your gear just paid for itself! When you bought it, it was likely expensive.
When you used it, it became the bargain of the century.
So true!!!

Quick Reply: Dyna Frame