Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Frame

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 11:54 AM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

From experience I found with my insurance (prog) they would add the cost of a new frame and labour to the quote if they see a scratch on it. For me they quoted $2009 for new frame and 12.2 hours of labour at $99. It was such a minor scratch too and didn't even get through the powdercoating. I lucked out with my claim, the damage was just cosmetic and to aftermarket parts, insurance basically paid off what i owed on the bike and the left over was enough for me to fix it back up again.
I sat around for 5 days with what I thought was a bruised chest only to find i had fractured ribs and a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). So I would also say go and get a quick xray someplace just to be sure.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:49 AM
RSidhu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for all the input.

Sorry guys I couldn't get back to you all to say TYx10. I talk to the dealer yesterday and they told me they don't fix steering. I also sent an email to my adjuster of what I feel if frame is not replaced. If frame is included in repairs it's automatic salvage. Gear saved me big time. My gloves and leather jacket took most of the beating. On my work day I had to take off and put on my gear total of 6 times. It was pain. Bohn Leg armor, dragging Kevlar liner, Leatt airlift, BMG jacket.... of course my work attire on top. I used to be hesitant talking about bundling up. Now I m not. I m seeing my doc Tuesday. It's been 7 days and I still have in my lower right rib. I will post how it goes soon...... ty all... Cheers.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:23 PM
RSidhu
Novice
Default Dyna Frame.

Special thanks to BBP and estoboatan. I went to see my doctor today as I still have minor pain in one of my rib, week and 1/2 after the accident. Did an X-ray. There a minor fracture in one of the rib that was hurting. It was hard for the doctor to see but there's kind of a line through the rib that doctor suspect is fracture. I am relieved and a prayer before doctors visit worked I think. I was told time would be the cure along with some anti inflammatory. Any recommendations guys for insurance purposes? Do I need to give these details to adjuster? Took half a day off from work and went 40miles across town as that was the only earliest appt available with 25 bucks copay.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:37 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Hope everything works out with the bike. Glad to hear you went to the doctor. I skipped on the doctor after a car accident only to find out a few days later my spine was broken in 2 spots. I always say even if you feel fine, get checked out.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:53 AM
RSidhu
Novice
Default Dyna Frame

That's even worse. When it's not your day you can get slammed even at the most safest place. Hope you feel ok now. I was shocked at the left turn I went down. I used to go there every freaking day I was riding. Anyways thanks for the input. Ride on....

Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Rorin67
Cruiser
Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

Could have been a lot worse - on you that is. Glad you're really OK.

New safer helmet ordered!