Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDLS - Short Shots

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 AM
paulhh
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FXDLS - Short Shots

I am trying to find out if anyone has dyno tested a Dyna with Vance and Hines Short Shots? Before and after. The FXDLS is around the 80 bhp standard with the 110cc and around 104 ft-lbs Torque.

Lots of info and dyno charts of 2-1 exhausts and lots of comments about extra power from 2-1 compared to 2-2 exhausts but I can’t find any actual facts.

Gains are around the 16bhp and 25 ft-lbs on Torque with a Bassani 2-1 with the FP3 fitted now looking for increase gains with the short shots.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:37 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

You will gain a ear splitting headache and hatred from all your neighbours and that's about it.

Each to their own etc. But if you are really set on the short shots having a bit of back pressure via some lollipops in the exhaust will help.

It's a performance orientated bike. It deserves a performance orientated exhaust IMO.

The following users liked this post:
paulhh (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

stop, no, and don't. fk short shots... short shots are going to cause you to lose power not, gain it plus annoy anyone within earshot. want power.. swap you cams or go 117 (you can do a drop in 117 for ~1000usd ). don't waste money on those trash pipes. you'd be going from a strong 2-1 pipe to walmart/cheap drag pipes. extremely bad idea

garbage cliche drag pipes from hell. no .... no ........ No...

kit
s&s 117
https://www.sscycle.com/products/117...rinkle-finish/

hd 117
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...mance-kit#tabs

Last edited by cvaria; 09-25-2017 at 05:31 AM.
paulhh (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:20 AM
paulhh
Intermediate

Unfortunately Guys that is the normal response but I’d like to actually see the figures. I had Short Shots on a previous Street Bob and I thought they were great although a bit on the loud side.

But I also don’t want to restrict the engine from performing so looking for power figures.

Kirk57 (09-26-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Most people going to the trouble and expense of a custom dyno tune put a good exhaust on. And most good tuners will recommend that customers put a good exhaust on if it is known that a poor exhaust is fitted or proposed.

Where I come from they're called **** shots.

paulhh (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:41 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Remember it's not all about dyno figures or a peak output. It's all about that area under the curve. The torque spread in the meat of the rpm range where you mostly ride.

Straight drag pipes will make power. But where that power is made is the main thing

paulhh (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by paulhh
Unfortunately Guys that is the normal response but I’d like to actually see the figures. I had Short Shots on a previous Street Bob and I thought they were great although a bit on the loud side.

But I also don’t want to restrict the engine from performing so looking for power figures.
are you joking? trolling?

it's the normal response because it's true. those stupid v&h crap shoot "i just bought my first harley" pipes are for looks and annoying sound.. basically, poser pipes. they should come with a 3/4 helmet and a skull face mask. they are typical for clowns on sportsters.... iron 883 and 48 owners are worst offenders.

those are not performance pipes. if you just want the look with actual power look at the S&S Power Tune Sport pipes. there you get a crossover for scaveging and power production... not just cliche drag pipes. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...dyna-2006-2017

a D&D fat cat or borzilla are gonna be steps up from the road rage, which is already a great pipe set.
http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/...-davidson/dyna

some other good pipes:

if you are serious, about wasting time and, maybe, money messing with those known terrible pipes... hey, more (actually less) power to you

Last edited by cvaria; 09-25-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:26 AM
paulhh
Intermediate

Wow, Cvaria,

Sorry for asking for the data/facts, “must be a troll” for asking.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:36 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Wow, Cvaria,

it seems that way. ask your question here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhau...tem-topics-57/ you'll get similar responses and gasps

no one serious about performance is sticking those stupid pipes on a dyno. that's wasted money.

if you like them and want them on your bike. do it. screw what folks think. but please don't expect gains. you'll get the less restricted stage 1 bump, but that's it. you are better off cutting the catalytic converter out of the stock header pipe.

see 4:21 and 10:40 below

Last edited by cvaria; 09-25-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 781 Posts

Wow, Cvaria,

Unfortunately, you're not going to find figures for that exhaust on our FXDLS bikes. Generally speaking, people are looking for a performance exhaust on a performance bike, which the short shots are not. I would heed Cvaria's advice and look into other options that would be a better use of your money.

paulhh (09-25-2017)

Quick Reply: FXDLS - Short Shots