Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preadator mount vs. True-Track mount which one should I get???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:13 PM
rossWG
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

this is an interesting thread for me,

i can't help thinking though, it would be more interesting, if the riding styles were also added with some of the good points and opinions being offered

my bike is 18 month old, with over 15k miles on it, and another expected 2k in the next few weeks. i just cruise in the main, but get a lot of vibration fatigue thru the pedals. am i wasting money on this course of action

Old 09-21-2018, 05:17 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
When I first got this bike, one of my initial impressions wat that it had more vibration than it should. Being a Harley neophyte, I figured it was just the way it was. Then, I started reading about shimming the front motor mount. (500 or so posts...) So, I went through the process of supporting the engine and checking the gap. To my surprise, there was what appears to be a professionally made shim in there already. It's about .060 thick. I'm thinking the bike could use about that much more, but left it alone. Then, I discovered the "bump" issue. Back I went, to discover that the mount was collapsed and the engine bracket was sitting hard on the hump. Man, that stuff is hard to file... Anyhow, that netted me a noticeable improvement.

So, I really think I should replace the mount. Given it's bad, I probably ought to replace the back one, too. So, as I see it, I have the following options:
  • First, I can replace both mounts with OEM parts for a total cost of about $200.
  • Second, I could go with the Predator front mount and a factory rear mount for about $350.
  • Third, I could go with the Predator in front, a new rear mount and a Sputhe stabilizer, if they'll sell me the rear half, for about $540
  • Lastly, I could try to get the rear half of the True Track setup, with the Predator, for about $550.
I've excluded the True Track in front as I have an oil cooler there and have heard that they are not compatible.
I suppose another possibility is a stock front mount with a rear mount and stabilizer, but it seems the front mount is the problematic one, so I'm thinking that doesn't make too much sense. Or, I could completely cheap out and just change the front mount.

Sorry for the rambling post. What do you all think? What about a non-OEM rear mount?
TT works with an oil cooler. dont believe everything you read on the internet.

The following users liked this post:
John CC (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 12:37 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Thumbs up

Consider the Predator Front Mount one of my better Mods .. Noticed the Difference as soon as took off on it ..

John CC (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 AM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 800 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by k-weaver
TT works with an oil cooler. dont believe everything you read on the internet.
OK, so there's another possibility. True Track plus new OEM mounts is the most expensive option, though. Are you sure it will fit with the Jagg cooler? There's a lot going on right in front of the mount.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Predator for the front as it is the only option that eliminates the OEM front mount.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:21 PM
rossWG
Cruiser

is the predator, just a bolt on install? no adjustment necessary

Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser

OK, so there's another possibility. True Track plus new OEM mounts is the most expensive option, though. Are you sure it will fit with the Jagg cooler? There's a lot going on right in front of the mount.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Predator for the front as it is the only option that eliminates the OEM front mount.
Am I sure? Well it seem to fit just fine when I installed one on my bike...

Old 09-23-2018, 05:09 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rossWG
is the predator, just a bolt on install? no adjustment necessary
Its a bolt on install although I'd always check motor alignment after swapping a motor mount.

JayStronghawk (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 05:57 PM
rossWG
Cruiser

Its a bolt on install although I'd always check motor alignment after swapping a motor mount.
Is that the rear wheel alignment check?

Old 09-23-2018, 07:35 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 800 Likes on 577 Posts

Am I sure? Well it seem to fit just fine when I installed one on my bike...
Interesting. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but that doesn't look the same as mine. Where is the bracket for the oil cooler?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser

Interesting. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but that doesn't look the same as mine. Where is the bracket for the oil cooler?
Everything is stacked up on the two bolts to the motor mount. So the bracket is angled to stick out a bit and I had to pull it out a tad bit more to get it to fit. It goes like this though:

Oil cooler bracket -> TT -> Frame -> Motor

I had my TT installed by the guys at TT. I asked the question of will an oil cooler fit during install and I was told it would fit no problem. I picked one up a few months later and didn't have any issues. If you are concerned, I'd say give them a call. They are super nice guys.

John CC (09-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Preadator mount vs. True-Track mount which one should I get???