Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxillary Brake light/Running light kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:32 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Where do you get your Kellermans, Todd?

For those interested in the Rhombus or similar, an alternative might be the Motogadget M-Blaze Edge. It's a true 4 wire unit that would make installation as S/T/T easier than most.

I have used (and wrecked, and retired) the M-Blaze Disc bar-end light as well as many of their other product and their quality is second-to-none. Same with Kellermans.

Last edited by cggorman; 10-04-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:34 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Going to be replacing my Kellerman 1000’s for the Attos also from Kellerman. 1000’s have been great but prone to being hit by my leg getting on/off the bike. If/when you place your order,make sure you get the correct adapter for your strut.
Originally Posted by cggorman
For those interested in the Rhombus or similar, an alternative might be the Motogadget M-Blaze Edge. It's a true 4 wire unit that would make installation as S/T/T easier than most.

I have used (and wrecked, and retired) the M-Blaze Disc bar-end light as well as many of their other product and their quality is second-to-none. Same with Kellermans.
I've had my eye on the M-Blaze as well... I won't have the problem Todd expressed with my intended installation, as they won't be strut mounted. my plan is to use a non-radiused (flat) lay-down plate holder, and to make a small internally-threaded bar which will mount to the back of the two upper plate screws, supporting a small blinker on each end. Much thinner and narrower than the stock FXDX signal bar. Something like this light bar from Rocket Bob's, which perfectly holds a Kellerman Rhombus on each end (and probably an M-Blaze as well). I've actually emailed Rocket Bob's about the dimensions of this bar, and they indicated they would make it for me however I wanted... But I think I can just do it myself.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Where do you get your Kellermans, Todd?
I've price checked between Spiegler USA and Rocket Bob's... At current exchange rates, they're identical in price.

I just looked at the Kellermann Rhombus install instructions... They also seem to be a true 4-wire design. Decisions...

Old 10-04-2018, 07:40 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Don't rule out Revival Cycle. I got all my Motogadget stuff from them. They're in TX and have amazing tech support.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't rule out Revival Cycle. I got all my Motogadget stuff from them. They're in TX and have amazing tech support.
Good tip! It's nice to have tech support that's (almost) in my time zone!

Old 10-04-2018, 09:26 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts
Old 10-09-2018, 07:14 AM
ledoutfitters
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work! It's used to technical support. ledoutfitters.com

Old 11-16-2018, 01:39 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

So these damn cool little things came in the other day. I’ll be putting em on in the springtime and the tablet next to the light is an Ibuprofen. Kwazy Germans! Lol

Old 11-16-2018, 05:30 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Good to see you posting again, bro!

Zee Germans mahken zee fancy elektronikin, yah.

Can't wait to see those bitches installed and lit up.

Last edited by cggorman; 11-16-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:04 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,341 Likes on 3,310 Posts

I have the run/brake/turn module on my Springer, FXR, OL's Deluxe. I have the Badlands kit for my Chief and will get it on soon. I think it is some of the best money spent. Increasing the amount of brake lights and running light really helps with visibility in my opinion and for the coin it's a no-brainer. Plus I installed them in less than 10 minutes.

Quick Reply: Auxillary Brake light/Running light kit