Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buffeting with road warrior fairing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:54 AM
James Landon Brock
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dang it

Originally Posted by TWilson_
I also have a tank lift on mine. Don’t know if it helps or hurts the airflow, just thought about that today. I may take it off to see if it changes anything. One adjustment at a time though so I can cancel things out.
do u have aftermarket shocks on ur bike I’ve been told it might help to raise the rear end of the bike I just done have funds to do it yet.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:31 PM
TWilson_
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

We're in the same boat...all stock suspension on mine. Gonna ride tonight with the fairing angled further back, and I'll bring an allen wrench with me to test angled forward too while I'm out. Unfortunately my headlight is the limiting factor on the tilt, so I only have a couple inches forward and back to test without fully adjusting headlight fit and everything. Will be able to further dive into it this weekend if the slight adjustments don't do the fix.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM
James Landon Brock
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a difference

We're in the same boat...all stock suspension on mine. Gonna ride tonight with the fairing angled further back, and I'll bring an allen wrench with me to test angled forward too while I'm out. Unfortunately my headlight is the limiting factor on the tilt, so I only have a couple inches forward and back to test without fully adjusting headlight fit and everything. Will be able to further dive into it this weekend if the slight adjustments don't do the fix.
I got to ride today any 11 inch screen helped a lot I did get more wind to my helmet but buffeting almost completely stopped I also put 15 back on and tried different angles and did find out that a slight adjust on ur angle might help out tremendously

Old 11-17-2018, 04:38 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Glad that worked for you.

Something I was going to suggest was riding without one at all. My first bike had the same problem and just removing the windscreen fixed it.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 AM
TWilson_
Advanced

Well...removing the windscreen would counteract the reason I got it....looks and, well, wind. Keeps a lot of wind off the chest, so there's much less fatigue especially at higher speeds.

That being said, I angled my fairing back as far as I could at it's current setup and put about 120 miles on it on Saturday. I was happy with it! A little buffeting at 80+ mph but nothing like some people have said about barely being able to see because their head is shaking around so much. I will try tilting the whole setup forward this week and see if I notice much difference, but overall I'm satisfied. I'm sure I will keep adjusting things like how the headlight sits in it and stuff to find the most ideal setup, but it's all good for now.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Jules
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the vented windscreen on mine. It's less buffeting than the windshield I took off, but not as smooth as my ElectraGlide. Never rode one without the vented windshield though, so I'm not sure how much it really helps.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 PM
TWilson_
Advanced

I called all the shops around Phoenix hoping they had different shields in stock that I could test to find what I like, but none of the shops has that option. Would have liked to try the vented option but I read mixed reviews, so decided to go with the solid. Now I’ll never know unless I find a buddy to switch just for testing haha

Old 11-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Pierre
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one 13 inches vented and one 13 inches non vented, did’nt see the difference, happy with both of them

Old 12-03-2018, 02:12 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a buffeting problem which I solved by increasing the angle of the windshield to about 30 degrees. Look at a car front windshield. I used Rifle windshield mounts. I think the more you can increase the angle the less buffeting you will get.
Roger

The following users liked this post:
TWilson_ (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM
TWilson_
Advanced

I think I've gotten to a pretty good spot. Like you said, I pitched the angle back a little bit and it made a significant difference. Thanks

Quick Reply: Buffeting with road warrior fairing