Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna super glide touring seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 AM
Elwerkj
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna super glide touring seats

I currently ride a 2000 dyna super glide with the stock seat. The seat is great for me but my wife doesnt care for it. We are planning on some trips this summer and I was trying to find the best touring seat for my passenger. I like the riding position of the stock seat but would really love to find something so she's a lot more comfortable and can handle longer trips.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

There are some great seats out there but the long haul ones for the passenger are never very pretty. I know a lot of people like the Sundowner. https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...16-5154001a--1
I've used the Mustang and it is comfy and comes wider for the rider and passenger, and with or without studs. https://www.mustangseats.com/product...chrome-studded They also do a solo seat with a backrest that you can add the passenger wide seat on. https://www.mustangseats.com/product...river-backrest https://www.mustangseats.com/product...passenger-seat

Old 04-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Elwerkj
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply I'm not real concerned about looks on the touring seat I'll probably just put it on when we go on a long haul but keep the stock seat for short rides. I had also heard about a c and c seat but haven't really heard how they are on long trips.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:15 PM
roadmutt
Supporter
Received 324 Likes on 149 Posts

I picked up a plain Mustang Wide Touring from a member here for exactly the same reasons. Between it and a taller sissy bar with Mustang pad, mama is very happy. The design makes a nice low back support that I’ve really come to like riding solo. It is bigger than stock but it doesn’t look like an overstuffed pillow. Very happy with it.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Corbin Dual Tour. In my book, there is no other.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 04-26-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:24 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Elwerkj
Thanks for the reply I'm not real concerned about looks on the touring seat I'll probably just put it on when we go on a long haul but keep the stock seat for short rides. I had also heard about a c and c seat but haven't really heard how they are on long trips.
You should look really hard at the C&C seats. I've spent 6-8 hours at a time in it, with zero discomfort or monkey butt. Wife hasn't spent a lot of time on the back of my Sport Tour, but she is little miss 'Princess & the Pea' & would have let me know ASAP if she didn't like it. Custom seat for off the shelf money, very comfortable & Chuck & Chuy are great to work with. Just call 'em on the phone for best results.

The following users liked this post:
BuffaloRider (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:07 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Thumbs up

Mustang Vintage Wide is a hard act to Follow for Long Range Touring ..

Old 04-27-2019, 06:57 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

I can vouch for the sundowner. Its fugly, but your *** won't care when you're on it

Old 04-28-2019, 08:10 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,637 Likes on 784 Posts

I had a Sundowner on my Road King and it was awesome for me and my wife. I now have a Mustang Wide Tourer with removeable seat for my wife. It’s great for me but my wife says the Sundowner was better. Many Harley stores have sample seats you can try out. I would take your wife to the dealership and try a Sundowner out.

Btw, getting her a padded backrest is a must.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 04-28-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:11 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,299 Likes on 2,353 Posts

+1 with the Sundowner, prior to the Road Glide Ultra purchase we toured on the 02 Dyna Super Glide. The Sundowner has a wider passenger pillion for a bit more comfort, something extra I put on was the med. height sissy bar with a backrest pad H/D p/n 51132-98. The Super Glide took us to western New York and back and the wife was a happy camper. detachable windshield and leather bags.

Quick Reply: Dyna super glide touring seats