Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good seat for dyna; preferably thinner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Good seat for dyna; preferably thinner

I recently purchased a 2007 street bob. The stock seat isn’t bad but I’d really like one that’s just a hair thinner to allow me to get my feet down easier. When I go to put my feet down it spreads my legs out a bit making it harder to touch. I am a short guy and it’s not terrible the way it is just looking for something with more comfort and a better fit

Old 07-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey @Bikejunky22

I recently switched from a touring style seat, to a superglide style seat, and am relatively happy with the seating change vs total monetary investment.

For the driver, touring style seat was great for 2-up riding but not so great for strapping a bag to the sissy bar due to the taller passenger pillion reducing the effective height of the sissy bar. Hated the look of the touring seat too. This seat was great, but it'll probably never go back on my bike unless the woman wants to ride more than 10mi.

Superglide seat isn't too much different from the touring style seat driver comfort wise. However, it does feel as though it put my **** about .75-1" forward. This reduced my knee angle and oddly helped with preventing cramps when lifting up legs from a stop (6'1"; mid controls). Otherwise, the back part is a touch lower than the touring seat and when yamming on the throttle it can catch you off guard and slide you backwards in the seat a bit, but not enough to throw you off or cause concerns. This seat looks *similar* to the $450 saddlemen seats - but it is not a saddlemen.

For a $60 investment on my budget dyna - very very pleased. Good luck,

Last edited by Mutineer; 07-02-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutineer

Hey @Bikejunky22

I recently switched from a touring style seat, to a superglide style seat, and am relatively happy with the seating change vs total monetary investment.

For the driver, touring style seat was great for 2-up riding but not so great for strapping a bag to the sissy bar due to the taller passenger pillion reducing the effective height of the sissy bar. Hated the look of the touring seat too. This seat was great, but it'll probably never go back on my bike unless the woman wants to ride more than 10mi.

Superglide seat isn't too much different from the touring style seat driver comfort wise. However, it does feel as though it put my **** about .75-1" forward. This reduced my knee angle and oddly helped with preventing cramps when lifting up legs from a stop (6'1"; mid controls). Otherwise, the back part is a touch lower than the touring seat and when yamming on the throttle it can catch you off guard and slide you backwards in the seat a bit, but not enough to throw you off or cause concerns. This seat looks *similar* to the $450 saddlemen seats - but it is not a saddlemen.

For a $60 investment on my budget dyna - very very pleased. Good luck,
That’s not a bad looking seat! Glad it worked for you I’ll look into it

Old 07-02-2019, 11:44 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

You might want to think about getting your stock seat modified. It can be made lower, depending on the materials you choose, can even be more comfortable. I had a seat of mine done by Mean City Cycles and they did a great job.

The following users liked this post:
the_huber_show (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:51 PM
the_huber_show
Tourer
Received 166 Likes on 116 Posts

If you want cheap then modify stock. If you want quality go with saddleman

crusader1xxx (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Rt13MFer
Road Warrior
Received 1,594 Likes on 642 Posts

Le Pera Bare Bones seat. Cant get much thinner than those.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 899 Likes on 511 Posts

Mustang Wide Tripper.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:56 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

I really like my Lucky Daves, but my wife hates it for 2-up riding so when she comes along I switch over to a Mustang Original One-Piece.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rt13MFer
Le Pera Bare Bones seat. Cant get much thinner than those.
Ive been through many seats on my Dyna(currently on a Mustang), but the Le Pera I had was the thinnest I ever sat on. If you are looking for basically a banana seat, thats it.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:38 PM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

LePera Daytona seat is 11 inches wide.

1bestfriend (07-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Good seat for dyna; preferably thinner