Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Crashbar

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 207 Posts
Default New Crashbar

Excuse me if this has been out for a while, but I haven't seen it before. Bungking crashbar for forward controls. I like how the bar is up high. I'm thinking about this with my bike with mid-controls. You'll be able to really lean without it rubbing. I've seen posts where the regular bar individuals are wearing the ends leaning over far enough.

http://www.bungking.com/highway-peg-...ward-controls/

Dave

Old 07-16-2019, 09:31 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

Not sure what the plates on the sides are for? Not bolted to anything maybe wind deflectors?

Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by crusader1xxx
Not sure what the plates on the sides are for? Not bolted to anything maybe wind deflectors?
The side plates bolt to the forward control mounting pads.

Dave

Old 07-17-2019, 12:04 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Careful...these things can be trouble during a crash. A few running threads about it. Okay for tip overs, but at speeds it can launch a bike like a pole vault or also extrude out to provide a hazard sticking out and crush you.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:42 AM
1bestfriend
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
Careful...these things can be trouble during a crash. A few running threads about it. Okay for tip overs, but at speeds it can launch a bike like a pole vault or also extrude out to provide a hazard sticking out and crush you.
+1. I second this theory. Never seen it in person, but according to the laws of physics, it makes sense. They may be good for low-speed tip-overs or stunts, but I can't imagine the design being very helpful at speed ... especially if you high-side.

If you're going for looks, check out FXR Division, Kruesi Originals, IMZZ Elite, or similar. They all make engine guards that will protect your tank and keep the bike from pinning your leg in a low-side crash, without the big-hoop-touring look. I grabbed a similar one on eBay for $135 shipped yesterday.

Kruesi Originals K-Bar

Old 07-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bestfriend
+1. I second this theory. Never seen it in person, but according to the laws of physics, it makes sense. They may be good for low-speed tip-overs or stunts, but I can't imagine the design being very helpful at speed ... especially if you high-side.

If you're going for looks, check out FXR Division, Kruesi Originals, IMZZ Elite, or similar. They all make engine guards that will protect your tank and keep the bike from pinning your leg in a low-side crash, without the big-hoop-touring look. I grabbed a similar one on eBay for $135 shipped yesterday.

Kruesi Originals K-Bar
I'd rather not have crash bars than run with that thing on my bike.