Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning glides into bobs ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:44 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turning glides into bobs ?

I noticed a post where the guy did a damn nice job putting a street bob tank on his wideglide. Those of us with glides whodon't like the speedo try things to either change/eliminate/cover up our speedometers! Are we just turning our glides into bobs? Some wideglide owners put the mini-apes on too! I guess, to be honest, I should've bought the bob too, but the seat height and some other differences were important to me. I don't like the speedo's looks, but it is nice to have it out front like that on the hiway. I don't really like apes either, as I like the superglide handlebars on curves at speed. I gotta admit, also, I liked saving the extra $1000.00 so I could do some of my own mods. Maybe we shoulda bought the bobs, but I think us superglide owners are having fun turningour bikes into exactly what we wanted.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Turning glides into bobs ?

I meant superglide owners..oops, sorry wideglider's....

Old 07-31-2007, 03:07 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Join the club!

United Federation of FXD Speedo Haters. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
96 Wide Glide
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL.... I was gona say.... pretty sure my WG came with mini apes!

Cheers... Ben.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
vinnypie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love my superglide especially after i lowered it. it fits me better than my buddys st.bob. i could have bought ANY bike i wanted. so i did the research and found the superglide to be the most customizable best handling harley for my needs. my only wish was for the black denim paint.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
bronk
Road Master

I like the speedo on my drag bars.Gives it the old school look, blocks someof the wind, and is easy to see.WOuldnt like a tank mounted speedo at all.SG are the way to go.......add to it and make it yours.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Am I turning my Bob into a Superglide? One of the first mods I did was getting rid of the mini apes I swapped em out for some flat track bars like the old FXDX.I've got the tank mounted speedo which I don't think is all that, I'm not all that comfortable taking my eyes that far off the road just to look at the speed.Recently I swapped out the shocks for the taller Electraglide air shocks so it's basically just a flat black Superglide.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree -

The biggest problem with the bar mounted speedo is it does limit bar options.
I think it's in a perfect spot for viewing, I really notice the difference when I ride my bosses WG.

I had mine chromed - like the FXDCI, and I think it looks a bunch better - doesn't stand out too much.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:22 PM
narosar
Tourer

When I was deciding on a bike I looked at all the dyna family. Really liked the bob but the dealers around here wanted 2500 - 3000 more for the bob. I figured I could get the plain-jane superglide (love the look, ride, bars and wheels) and then I could change it however I wanted. My only complaint was/is the speedo, maybe i'll change it and may i wont.

The guy who did such a nice job changing his tank and speedo, i tihnk it was great and he spent less than the $1000 I keep hearing in price difference. Hell, he worked on his bike and truely made it his, my hat is off to this guy, anyone can just buy a bob and eliminate any hands on work.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
hounddog
Tourer

i kinda got the superbob!!! lol it was an 05 fxdci but i went with 16" apes and 3"ext forwards plus i lowered the front an rear 1". i got the vivid black not the flat but its got a lil bob to it. my biggest thing was mostly the new changes...I.E. 6 speed trans, and primary chain tensioner, among a few other lil things like the front end!!! and its new fender mounts really clean up the look from the front angle plus the cleaner trees with the beefier lookin fork tubes. but i still love my superglide and its nothing a baker 6 speed cant fix and im thinkin a wide glide front end would look nice.

Quick Reply: Turning glides into bobs ?