Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster Roadster mags on ABS Streetbob

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 01:46 PM
XiXLloyd
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportster Roadster mags on ABS Streetbob

Hi all. I've acquired some Sportster Roadster wheels which I was told were an easy fit to a Dyna Streetbob. Well I think they are if you don't have or want to get rid of, ABS. I want to keep my ABS.

The issue with fitting them is the front is 19 x 3.0, stock is 19 x 2.5. So i need the spacers either side to be 0.25" smaller to centre the wheel. On ABS models, the ABS sensor on the one side acts as the sensor and the spacer so cannot be cut down or replaced. So if you fit the wheel with the ABS sensor in place, the wheel is off centre. I'd guess it would also need the caliper spacing outwards, which isn't really possible.

Am I right in thinking it's not going to work (without machining out one side of the wheel to sit the bearing 0.25" further into the wheel, and possibly machining the face off to sit the rotor further in?).

I'd love to get them fitted but it's looking near impossible without major work.