Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 bob passenger pegs??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM
mazurusmc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 bob passenger pegs??

Don't want to screw anything up. Anybody have a sight with instructions on how to properly install passenger pegs on an 07 street bob........I know it's probably the most simple thing but I can always find a way to screw it up hahaahaha!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Default RE: 07 bob passenger pegs??

I know from experience that you do not have to take rear wheel off. It's a tight fit around the belt but it can be done. You should really invest in a service manual if you are going to be doing "projects". Just my .02. Smiley

Old 10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did mine it was easy, just remove the plugs, it's already threaded.The other sideyou have to remove the belt guard cause it bolts onto the peg mount. Easy stuff, takes 15 minutes.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: stbobber

did mine it was easy, just remove the plugs, it's already threaded.The other sideyou have to remove the belt guard cause it bolts onto the peg mount. Easy stuff, takes 15 minutes.
Just as said above, simple and easy.

You're probably lucky you don't have instructions, I think they tell you to take more stuff off, but believe everyone on this forum, only above instructions need to be followed.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

and mak sure to lock down the bolts with the proper torque. I think it about 15 pounds. Been a while since I did mine.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
MrHd1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do need to loosen the rear axle and slide the wheel forward to get slack in the belt. Measure the distance before hand so you can move it back to the same place. The service manual would help here but you can figure out the measurement on your own I'm sure. I don't know about it being a 15 minute job the first time one does it but if you take the measurement before hand and then properly retorque the axle you should be good to go. Also, I don't remember what the instructions are regarding loc-tite but I will tell you these pegs see alot ofvibration being mounted on the swing-arm. Good luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: MrHd1

You do need to loosen the rear axle and slide the wheel forward to get slack in the belt. Measure the distance before hand so you can move it back to the same place. The service manual would help here but you can figure out the measurement on your own I'm sure. I don't know about it being a 15 minute job the first time one does it but if you take the measurement before hand and then properly retorque the axle you should be good to go. Also, I don't remember what the instructions are regarding loc-tite but I will tell you these pegs see alot ofvibration being mounted on the swing-arm. Good luck.
This is the technique prescribed in the directions but it is not necessary. You can do it without touching the rear wheel/axle. I'm told it helps if you have small hands (ie bribe wife to do the labor) but once again, just another option.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't listen to anyone telling you to put slack in the belt. Christ, it's a 15 minute bolt on, if that. Why do even the simplest parts installs have to seem so dramatic?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MrHd1

Noooooo! [sm=noooo.gif]I did mine and you don't need to *** with the rear axle at all, follow the simple advice.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
boogerbooger
Advanced

Please by all means follow the suggestions here in this thread. I have no earthly idea why the instructions that come with the kit say to remove the wheel to make slack in the belt. Geez-O-Pete. You have enough room to install all required hardware without removing the wheel or belt. You do have to remove the belt guard but that's it. The rest is plug and play. I wonder why HD would even suggest this. Why don't they include an allen type star wrench in the kit. Case closed. My .02 as well.

Quick Reply: 07 bob passenger pegs??