Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A landmark day in my life - Fairly long and Sappy

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
DWGMan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A landmark day in my life - Fairly long and Sappy

John.... all I can say is may God CONTINUE to bless you and your family!! To your son, my little sister just left Quantico about a year ago. I had the pleasure of being there in uniform to promote her to Sgt. You're in for an absolutely beautiful area to ride. My story is a lot like Bry's so soak up EVERY opportunity you have to do ANYTHING with each other!! Riding being the best point of it all!!!!

SSG Jason Dunn
725th EOD
FOB Kalsu, Iraq

Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MAN! That is a great story! I know how proud you are and thankful he's home. Thanks for sharing your day. There is nothing in this world that makes me more happy than when my son and I are tooling around together. Enjoy the man you helped to forge.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My father is a fine man, but truly a *****. This is an undesirable trait which he passed on to me. I was a **** poor father to my kids as they were growing up. I am thankful they are forgiving and allowing me to be to them what I failed tooffer in the many years I threw away.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That was truly a great story, Sir. You have certainly done an outstanding job of raising him. You should be very proud. I look forward to a day when I may ride with my son. I wish you both many, many miles of fun together! Thanks for sharing it with us. be sure to introduce him to uson the forum.
Ride Safe,

Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmpancoast

My father is a fine man, but truly a *****. This is an undesirable trait which he passed on to me. I was a **** poor father to my kids as the were growing up. I am thankful they are forgiving and allowing me to be to them what I failed tooffer in the many years I threw away.
Yes, I'm following this philosophy with my 12yr and 3yr old son. More so with the 3yr old, Bryan Jr, since I was gone alot for Josh's growing up.

aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My father is a fine man, but truly a *****. This is an undesirable trait which he passed on to me. I was a **** poor father to my kids as the were growing up. I am thankful they are forgiving and allowing me to be to them what I failed tooffer in the many years I threw away.
this touched me more than your original post. takes a big man to admit when's he's been wrong, andto the whole world. you are blessed to have a great son - and we are blessd he's helping protect our freedoms.

please thank him for me!!

Dave

Old 01-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Livi1215
Tourer

Great story. Thank you and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:05 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice story & thanks for posting.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Hutson
Tourer

My son is 24 years old and has been stationed in California at Camp Pendleton for the past five years serving the the United States Marine Corp. Spending the later part of his teenage years as an unmotivated boy, he has turned into a fine young man. Two tours in Iraq have matured him in manner which has earned my utmost respect.

His five year commitment was scheduled to come to an end in March 2008. This excited me greatly tobe able to look forward to having him home back in Virginia. A couple weeks ago, he busted my bubble informing me he was re-enlisting for another four years. My sudden disappointment turned to joy as explained he was being assigned to a non-deployable unit in Quantico, Virginia, just 80 miles from home.

The Saturday before Christmas, he arrived home where he will get to spend the next month before he reports to his new assignment. All of his belongings are on a truck being shipping here from Pendleton. Included in the contents is his 2003 Sportster, the bike he bought last year and inspire me to purchase my Harley. For a year, I have looked forward to one day getting to ride with him for the first time. Learning of his transfer, I knew the time was growing near that we could share this. The expected arrival date of his stuff (and his Harley)was only a couple more weeks away.

I had previously mentioned to him that the group I ride with was doing a New Years Day run. He must have gotten a hell of a re-up bonus. Instead of waiting on the arrival of his Sportster, he showed up in my driveway last night with a 2005 Wide Glide he bought at Richmond Harley earlier in the afternoon. He said he didn't want to miss the planned New Year's ride. I had a grin on my face like I have only had a couple times in my life.

Today, I was positioned in the group, immediately behind my son, SGT John M. Pancoast, Jr., USMC. There is not much in life that will ever mean as much to me as this day did.

Look out for him as I believe he is going to be spending a lot of time in this forum.

Happy New Year everyone.
That's awesome and thanks for sharing.One day I hope to do the same with my son.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 PM
pemdas
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father is a fine man, but truly a *****. This is an undesirable trait which he passed on to me. I was a **** poor father to my kids as they were growing up. I am thankful they are forgiving and allowing me to be to them what I failed tooffer in the many years I threw away.
Yep, that took a lot of courage. I'm sure you were a better father than you give yourself credit for, based on the the kind of man your son has become. I hope my girls and I can ride together when they're old enough ...

Quick Reply: A landmark day in my life - Fairly long and Sappy