Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the worst that can happen??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
gremlin1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the worst that can happen??

Ok I got a question for anyone that knows the answer without guessing.. I basically got a brand new set of 1 3/4 cycle shack drags given to me for my 2007 superglide. Now my question is, if I was to bolt them on and take off without getting a fuel tuner what could happen? If the answer is something bad well what type of FI controller would be recomended for this type of pipes. I know that fuelpack is normally for V&H and that cobra is for their pipes but I really haven't heard of anyone having drag pipes on thier dyna so I wouldn't know what tuner to get.. I would love to get them on soon so any answers would be great.. I already got the big sucker a/c on my bike so the breathing is taken care of.. Thanks again everyone..

Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 PM
wkdavistx
Tourer
Default RE: What's the worst that can happen??

My choice would be a PCIII from DynoJet. They probably already have a map for that combination, but if they don't you can fine tune one that they already have for other similar pipes.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:32 AM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gremlin1

Ok I got a question for anyone that knows the answer without guessing.. I basically got a brand new set of 1 3/4 cycle shack drags given to me for my 2007 superglide. Now my question is, if I was to bolt them on and take off without getting a fuel tuner what could happen? If the answer is something bad well what type of FI controller would be recomended for this type of pipes. I know that fuelpack is normally for V&H and that cobra is for their pipes but I really haven't heard of anyone having drag pipes on thier dyna so I wouldn't know what tuner to get.. I would love to get them on soon so any answers would be great.. I already got the big sucker a/c on my bike so the breathing is taken care of.. Thanks again everyone..

As far as I know the fact you have the a/c on the bike without a tuner is a bad thing. A stock lean condition is made even worse by putting on the free breathing a/c without a tuner to richen it up a bit. Without getting into all of the damage you can do without proper tuning after adding an a/c with pipes I'll just say look up all of the positive stuff members are saying about the PC III, V&H etc..... then pick out your tuner add your pipesand enjoy your new combo with a healthy running bike.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 AM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

With the BS already on, bolting on the pipes is going to make you leaner. You should get some kind of FI system. There are a multitude of threads on this subject, all with their pros and cons and opinions in between. Running as lean as you will be with the bolts=ons you are doing isn't the greatest for your bike. You will also most likely lose some of your bottom end torque as well running drags, due to the decrease in back pressure.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 AM
gremlin1
Intermediate

Well for some reason my bike stock would run rich.. I know that almost all of them ran lean out of the factory but mine would run rich with everything bone stock. So I added the a/c and it doesn't pop or do anything out of the ordinary. I also had just added it before I put it up so if it did in fact have a chance at screwing anything up, I wouldn't have ran it for alot of miles. I would say that I only put about 30 miles on it or so with the BS on. Thanks for all the input.. I inquired on the fuelpak but they said that they probably didn't have a map close enough for those drags but I am still waiting to hear something.. I am not really worried about the loss of low end torque, I do not race my bike and I don't think the loss would be significant enough to effect my "cruising" on my bike, since I don't thrash on my bike it would not be a big deal to me to lose a little. I just didn't want to blow the engine or cause any harm to it, thanks again for the replies..