Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armor All - Bike dropped

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Armor All - Bike dropped

I have to say that is not the smartest thing I have heard. Glad they are all ok. Bet he doesn't do that again.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You do have to be careful with that stuff but you can still use similar products to make your tires look good if you are careful and get the right products. I've used armor all type products on my vehicles since a friend turned me onto it back when I was 16 and just started driving. That was a long time ago when armor all was actually made to dress up the inside of your car, not the tires - anyone remember that?

Anyway, several companies make a "tire dressing" that is in gel form and you use a foam applicator to put it on. I use it on my bike because nothing touches off a clean vehicle, IMO, than that stuff on the tires. And also, IMO, nothing looks worse on a clean vehicle than dirty tires. Anyway, if you use the gel with the applicator, you can easily put the stuff where you want it (on the sidewalls only) and keep it away from where you don't want it (any part of the tread). I've had no issues doing it and I lean pretty hard in some corners. The nice part about the gel is that it seems to stay with the tires longer than the spray on stuff. I can usually go through 2 or 3 bike cleanings without having to reapply it unless I've accidentally or had no choice but to run through some mud or wet dirt.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
the metal
Banned

darwin award nominee

Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: the metal

darwin award nominee
Don't you have to actuallydie as a result ofyour own stupidity to be nominated for one of those?

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Righteous
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with using the "gel" and applicator. But, remember, that stuff flings off when the wheels start turning. It can get all over anything, including the tread of the rear tire. It's a good idea to wipe it off COMPLETELY before heading out.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I will use it on my sidewalls but NEVER spray it directly on .....I spray it on the corner of a small towel and put it on with the towel, wrapped over a finger, being careful to not get it on the tread surface.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
the metal
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: the metal

darwin award nominee
Don't you have to actuallydie as a result ofyour own stupidity to be nominated for one of those?
i thought that WAS the award, i was nominating him for it. :-)

Old 04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: WildBillAce2

He did actually put it on his tires - don't know what he was thinking because he is an experienced rider. It looked like he had sprayed it on instead of carefully applying it with a cloth.

The fact is that some people do use it because you see it out there on tires.
Well he should have just used teflon spray...then you crash in the driveway and don't have to push the bike that far back into the garage. [8D]

Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Righteous

It's a good idea to wipe it off COMPLETELY before heading out.
That's true. You don't have to use a lot of the stuff to get good results. That's probably the most common mistake made is slathering the stuff on. First of all, it costs too much to waste it. The gel doesn't seem to fly off and get on fenders, etc. as bad as the spray though. And the applicator helps keep it thin and evenly applied. However, I do try to let mine site and soak into the tires before taking off for a ride.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm real sorry to hear this but.... Why put anything on your tires....rubber don't shine so why make it shine.....

Donnie

Quick Reply: Armor All - Bike dropped