Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armor All - Bike dropped

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Armor All - Bike dropped

ORIGINAL: Naz_Man

I'm real sorry to hear this but.... Why put anything on your tires....rubber don't shine so why make it shine.....

Donnie
Chrome won't shine either after a while if you don't put anything on it.

It makes the tires look good and new or even better than new. To me, a cleaning job isn't finished until the tires are clean as well. But, as with many other subjects here, to each his own. Just be careful with this one.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you're entering your bike in some $$$ bike show I wouldn't recommending putting ANYTHING on your tires...period.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Armor-all + centrifical force = stupid hurts

Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to manage an Autozone back in the day...and my assistant manager decided to ArmorAll all the batteries on the battery rack

Guess what happened when the first customer lifted one out of that roller rack?

...i think some people just have "shiny" fetishes

Old 04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see he might of thought, also that he was an fate didnot like it ! SOAP-WATER-TOWEL=TIRES

Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

I'm real sorry to hear this but.... Why put anything on your tires....rubber don't shine so why make it shine.....

Donnie
Chrome won't shine either after a while if you don't put anything on it.

It makes the tires look good and new or even better than new. To me, a cleaning job isn't finished until the tires are clean as well. But, as with many other subjects here, to each his own. Just be careful with this one.
But chrome shines.... Anyways this is about tires not chrome and I don't corner on chrome!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

But chrome shines.... Anyways this is about tires not chrome and I don't corner on chrome!
I agree. However, there is a right way to make your tires look good without riding in your own oil slick. It takes me longer to shine my tires than it takes to wash and dry my bike. And that's because I don't go spraying tire dressing all over the place. For one thing, when you do that, it gets all over your rims and other parts and then that has to be recleaned. If someone is more comfortable just not putting anything on them, that's fine. But, I'm totally comfortable doing it as long as I take my time and do it correctly. With that said, I don't do it but once every few times I clean the bike up.

By the way, some people do corner on chrome and then they throw sparks behind them.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

You do have to be careful with that stuff but you can still use similar products to make your tires look good if you are careful and get the right products. I've used armor all type products on my vehicles since a friend turned me onto it back when I was 16 and just started driving. That was a long time ago when armor all was actually made to dress up the inside of your car, not the tires - anyone remember that?

Anyway, several companies make a "tire dressing" that is in gel form and you use a foam applicator to put it on. I use it on my bike because nothing touches off a clean vehicle, IMO, than that stuff on the tires. And also, IMO, nothing looks worse on a clean vehicle than dirty tires. Anyway, if you use the gel with the applicator, you can easily put the stuff where you want it (on the sidewalls only) and keep it away from where you don't want it (any part of the tread). I've had no issues doing it and I lean pretty hard in some corners. The nice part about the gel is that it seems to stay with the tires longer than the spray on stuff. I can usually go through 2 or 3 bike cleanings without having to reapply it unless I've accidentally or had no choice but to run through some mud or wet dirt.
First, no Armour All. I use a good leather cleaner on my seat. And as far as using "gel stuff" that you can put exactly where you want it on your tires and that lasts for 2-3 cleanings, somebody at a bike show was trying to convince us this was okay. I have just one word for you - RAIN.

Bikes are for riding ..

Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

Bikes are for riding ..
As far as I'm concerned, as long as I own a cage, bikes may be for riding but they ain't for riding in the rain. Been there, done that. I ride for fun, not for transportation, and riding in the rain isn't remotely fun.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Pvt Joker
Cruiser

Scary... I'll just leave my tires alone, let the brightness of the chrome divert all attention away from the tires.

Quick Reply: Armor All - Bike dropped