Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pack on the Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fuel Pack on the Dyna

Thinking about a fuel pack, and wondering if there is a performance gain, or is it just to keep the bike from being too lean. I am looking for some gain in HP, and torque. Does the Fuel Pack give you any really noticeable performance gains ?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had tried several other units and then finally the FP and I love it. Nice bang for your buck. I noticed improvement in the butt dyno area, but I have yet to actually dyno it. My set up is the Ness big sucker and CS slip-ons just fyi.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I could feel a substantial difference with mine (Big Radius and Big Sucker)

Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you done messing with the engine? big bore kit? cams? head work? if your done then the fuel pak may be the ticket, but if your going to keep upgrading your motor then you may wanna think about a better fuel management system... SERT, PCIII, T-MAX w/AUTO TUNE

my personal choice is the PCIII... but i wont force it on you!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The FP by itself isn't the answer. Of course, you can't do it by itself anyway because it requires a stage 1 a/c. Basically, it adds more fuel but combine that with the a/c and some decent exhaust and you will definitely feel the difference.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
rjsmith66
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pak....but....

I have the fuel pak on my 05 and love it, also have Vance and Hines Pipes and a stage one kit...I feel lots of torque in the low range..I have a question too though...A co-worker of mine has a Valkyrie, he was talking about how fast it is and I told him I could spank him in a 1/4 mile..He is wanting to take me up on it...Can I spank him or did I put my foot in my mouth..The valkyrie has pipes, K&N air filter, and some sort of advance in the timing (ICM Module or something)....I feel that my bike is quick but haven't seen one of these really run yet....Should I go for it?

Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rjsmith66
I have the fuel pak on my 05 and love it, also have Vance and Hines Pipes and a stage one kit...I feel lots of torque in the low range..I have a question too though...A co-worker of mine has a Valkyrie, he was talking about how fast it is and I told him I could spank him in a 1/4 mile..He is wanting to take me up on it...Can I spank him or did I put my foot in my mouth..The valkyrie has pipes, K&N air filter, and some sort of advance in the timing (ICM Module or something)....I feel that my bike is quick but haven't seen one of these really run yet....Should I go for it?
LOL. Tell him you were joking, as you are bringing him his favorite six pack. Valks are a powerful machine.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by shimmon
are you done messing with the engine? big bore kit? cams? head work? if your done then the fuel pak may be the ticket, but if your going to keep upgrading your motor then you may wanna think about a better fuel management system... SERT, PCIII, T-MAX w/AUTO TUNE

my personal choice is the PCIII... but i wont force it on you!
Yeah, I'm well schooled on the basics of all the f.i. units. I was just wondering how well the fuel pack worked performance wise.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:38 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjsmith66

Yea bro, Listen to Jaysonl. ME and my bros were crusing dowm PCH one day when a Valkyrie pulled up next to us. We where thinking like yea were going to smoke this guy. Light turned green and thier he goes. He pulled on all 3 of us.(2 dynas and a sporty). We couldn't belive it.

And Jaysonl, I have a fuel pak on my bike and love it. I did notice some power gains. But come this Dec. I will be putting a 103" with cams on my bike. So I will be getting a HD race tuner. The fuel pak is great If all you do is pipes and a/c. But if you plan on doing any more work to your bike like cams, you might be better off with a power commander or a race tuner. Maybe after my bike is done I'll go looking for that guy on the valkyrie.