Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the blues....06 SuperG bars/speedo headache!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
racezilla500
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the blues....06 SuperG bars/speedo headache!

What are you guys doing to get a new set of pullback bars mounted on your 06 Superglides? You know, like the street slammer bars on page 197 of the the HD parts catalog. What can be done with the stock speedo? I'm not even close to being an internet commando and this is my first Harley, so I'm having a little trouble figuring it out.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Pauly
Advanced
Default RE: Got the blues....06 SuperG bars/speedo headache!

Hey Race,

You could go with a mini speedo mounted between the risers. Drag Specialties has one that should work for ya man.

here's a link

Drag Spec mini speedo

Old 04-14-2006, 02:54 PM
racezilla500
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Pauly

Hey Race,

You could go with a mini speedo mounted between the risers. Drag Specialties has one that should work for ya man.

here's a link

Drag Spec mini speedo

What would that do to all my speedo electrics? Like my security, check engine, oil, turn signal, etc...? Would I just lose all of that?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Pauly
Advanced

Holy Krist! They got all that **** in the speedo? Security? I use a big *** chain I keep wrapped around the highway pegs. These new fangledy Harleys... oh boy

Seriously, I really don't know. You'd have to find a new spot for them I guess. I ride a Low Rider and the indicator lights etc are in the eyebrow over the headlight. The only things in the speedo and tach are the speedo and tach and they're mounted on the tank so the bars are clean.

What you could do is fab up a housing for the check lights etc and mount it between the risers under the mini speedo but these options may work better for you.

Check out www.jpcycles.com . The stuff that might work for you are: part numbers 730-269 , 730-243 , or in combination with a seperate mini speedo, #730-460.

They stock a lot of handlebars as well that are no where near as spendy as factory Harley bars.

Remember HD stands not only for Harley-Davidson but for a Hundred Dollars as well.

I hope this helps but I fear I've muddied the waters further. Nothing is never easy, is it?

Old 04-14-2006, 04:44 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Here the adapter bracket that'll relocate your guages.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...0-B27DECFE0B90

Old 04-16-2006, 09:19 AM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought that bracket myself and as of last night im ***** deep in that project soooo.. As soon as I get the wiring figured out ill send some pics... NOTE: In order to do the conversion on an 06' dyna you need a new bracket for the speedo to slip into. I used an 05' sportster mount and it looks like itll work. BTW: The electric is by far the most time consuming part of changing out the handlebars.
Rick

Old 04-16-2006, 10:59 AM
bronk
Road Master

Im in the same boat as you I plan on swapping out factory bars for drag bars. There is a bracket that mounts in between the bars and allows you to slide it up or down to match your preference. Its in JP/Dennis Kirk. Probably the way I am going to roll. Looks pretty good as well. Post pics when your done so we can see how it turned out.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:44 AM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im hoping to get it done tonight. Looks like im gotta get the tank off to get the electric done. As soon as I get it together ill snap a couple pics for ya guys!
Rick

Old 04-16-2006, 11:55 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I am thinking of just adding the drag bars from harley. 49.95. using the same set up thats on there. No additional riser necessary. The only thing that has to be changed is the relocation of the turn signals, and the solid from brake line will need to be shortened. No other wiring is necessary. It look like it will work. You will of course be slightly leaned over, but if you are riding this bike that isnt all that bad. I actually like the leaned over look it will give. You are not so far over that you feel like you are on a rocket though. I think it will be pretty cool. Let me know if anyone out there has tried this with no additional riser settings. Seems like on of the cheaper mods you can do that changes the whole look of the bike. I am after the pro street appearance.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:45 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

hello???????

Quick Reply: Got the blues....06 SuperG bars/speedo headache!