Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:38 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default AUX driving lights

Does anyone have AUX driving lights (fog lights) on their Dyna for extra lighting. I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything. I have a 64 mile round trip to work and sometimes it's dark on the way home, I live in the country and there are a lot of deer wondering through the farm land. There is also a lot of fog sometimes. Last ride season the headlight just didn't seem bright enough and I would rather not put extra lights on my bike, but if they don't look bad I think I might try it. First I'm going to get a better light bulb, but just researching other options if it still isn't bright enough. Below is what I'm looking at that mount on the forks. If anybody has AUX driving lights please post a pic of what you got and let me know where you got them so I can see what these things look like on a dyna. Thanks.

http://www.shumateharleydavidson.com...YLE_LIGHT_.htm

Old 01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe (JRK5892) does. They fie in the trees and they look really good.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks. I found his thread that had pics. That's nice and compact, but I think I might want to go with them on the outside of the forks like relocated turn signals because I believe it will give me a wider footprint.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:04 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

got to have light brother!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:31 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Auxiliary lights as well as the fog lights... gives great coverage and looks damn good!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some like Joe's on my Suzuki.

I used a piece of aluminum flat stock and sandwiched between the turn signal mounts...worked out really well. What was nice about the Suzuki was that inside the headlight bucket, it had a connection already set up just for aux. lights.

I work MID so I know about riding in the dark and watching for deer!

One thing you can do that helps, is to remove the metal diffuser in your headlight. I cut mine with a Dremel as some of the pices needs to stay in.

I'm pretty sure it's job is to help to not blind on coming traffic, but I don't think it's too bad. I do get flashed the Hi-beams once in a while, but a quick flip of the switch and they can see it's just a low beam.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:49 AM
BONES206
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got HD aux lights mounted on my engine guard. The lights are the only reason
the guard is there.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,187 Likes on 12,876 Posts

If you want a factory set up just go to the harley website and look at the aux. light kit made specifically for dynas,it looks good and comes with the switch,wiring etc. If you have highway pegs you can drill the bracket and mount lights under them.If you don't have fwd controls or hwy pegs buy a simple L bracket(2) at a hardware store and a couple of stainless steel bolts(my 07 fxd uses 3/8-16 x 1") and mount a couple of driving lights on them. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

there are cheap ways to do this as well... here is what i did on my girls bike and it cost me 20 bucks... looks amazing and really really lights up the roads! all of us rock fogs out here, we do alot of country road cruising to get away from traffic and idiots... had a buddy get hit by a deer last year... he now rides a BMW adventrue... we are going to put full size KC lights on the front of that beast! anyway... here is my girls scoot

I converted her crap yamaha light to a harley light so i can run a silverstar bulb, took forever with all the soldering (yamaha runs all their lines into the bucket) but the result is worth it. fog lights $20 wally world

Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Joe's first picture, you can see the black diffuser that I cut off on mine...right behind the HD logo.

Seems to help me as even though I'm a night-rider, I don't think I'm doing more lights.

Quick Reply: AUX driving lights