Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 07:44 PM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

You'll get more help making your own thread instead of bumping up a thread from 13 years ago...

The following users liked this post:
Vec (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior
Received 354 Likes on 213 Posts

Probably a bad ECM. Made in China.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:13 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Think he'll be back?

Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Corby Sherriff Carmichael
Hey guys new to the forum. I bought a 2014 street Bob a few years ago. Was almost new when I bought it. It has around 16000km on it. New tires and full service this spring. I had a bit of a wobble on high speed left hand turns so they went through the whole front end and head set.. nothing I'm figuring tires were the culprit. And the new tires fixed it. Anyways few days ago bout 40 km from home on a 300km ride noticed a bit of a vibration. But went away. Got to destination. Turned around bout have way home it came back and wouldn't go away. Started messing with things on the road.. pulling the clutch in and rolling at an idle.. nothing... rev the motor. There it is. And not just through the "normal" dyna vibration range. But as soon as I hit the gas it's there and just get faster through the whole range.
So first thought was motor mount. So picked a new one today. Put it in... the old one looked pretty beat up. Fired it up... still shakes from idle to full throttle... guys at the shop are great but they are busy for a few days and I've got only a few days off a month and wanna take advantage.. any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

Old and new
Is it it just the vibration, or is the wobble back too? If it's a vibration that started suddenly and seems engine related, it's very possibly something making contact with the frame somewhere. Check the sidestand hardware underneath. It's common that it can start making contact with the engine case. Make sure that no part of the exhaust is touching something anywhere. You might even try loosening the whole exhaust system, let the engine run a bit, and torque it all back down. Look everywhere carefully... It's possible that something is making contact when riding, but not when resting.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:17 AM
joe40x
Road Warrior
Received 656 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Think he'll be back?
The last poster or the "Vibration Queen"?

Old 05-26-2019, 12:44 PM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior

From another thread: "The high freq vibration you feel is the product of HD's EPA compliant tuning of the engine. It creates this vibration on 75% of the bikes, usually during closed loop operation in cruise, when the 02 sensors come into play. The tune tries to "best lean" the ECM algorithm at cruise. On touring and dyna platforms the vibration usually comes thru the right foot peg / floorboard and on softails usually thru the handlebar at the right grip. It goes away with performance tuning the bike, but it's certainly not hurting anything except your senses."

Do like I did. Get a Victory and leave the Dyna parked with the key in it.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:09 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Corby Sherriff Carmichael
Hey guys new to the forum. I bought a 2014 street Bob a few years ago. Was almost new when I bought it. It has around 16000km on it. New tires and full service this spring. I had a bit of a wobble on high speed left hand turns so they went through the whole front end and head set.. nothing I'm figuring tires were the culprit. And the new tires fixed it. Anyways few days ago bout 40 km from home on a 300km ride noticed a bit of a vibration. But went away. Got to destination. Turned around bout have way home it came back and wouldn't go away. Started messing with things on the road.. pulling the clutch in and rolling at an idle.. nothing... rev the motor. There it is. And not just through the "normal" dyna vibration range. But as soon as I hit the gas it's there and just get faster through the whole range.
So first thought was motor mount. So picked a new one today. Put it in... the old one looked pretty beat up. Fired it up... still shakes from idle to full throttle... guys at the shop are great but they are busy for a few days and I've got only a few days off a month and wanna take advantage.. any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

Old and new
Just from looking at your pic of the 2 mounts,i'm taking the nice shiney new one(on the right)is the new mount,i'd say that if the pic is accurate the rubber isolator is actually touching the metal frame of the mount ?.
If tis is the case it's a ready made vibration problem,it either needs shaving down,as in S.B 1324(need to check that number,i've not looked it it in a long time)or have the dealer replace it with 1 that has the correct clearance.
Hope this helps
I have no idea what planet Huggerbugger's on,but a Victory ?,if you want no dealer/manufacturer support,yeah buy a Victory.

Campy Roadie (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 05:31 AM
joe40x
Road Warrior
Received 656 Likes on 383 Posts

Every village has an idiot.

Campy Roadie (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior

The Vic doesn't need "Dealer support" and Harley dealer has never done me any good.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior

obtw, Indian dealers service Victorys.

Quick Reply: Dyna vibration