Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throw over saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throw over saddle bags

I'm not big on saddle bags but am considering a set of throw over bags for small trips and such for when I need a little storage space. I don't want anything permanent attached to the bike but am concerned about the bags being around the rear tire and drive belt without a bag frame.

Does anyone run throw over bags without any type of support? Do you ever have any issues?

Thanks, Mike

Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Kaycee
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I run the compact willie&max bags without any brackets and no issues on the belt side.My other side did rub a little on the brake rotor,I hate the look of the support's when the bags are not on the bike.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer

Attachment 46602I have some throwovers that I don't use anymore that fir between the sigs and the shocks (no mods). I don't have any supports on them as they rest outside of the upper belts guard and brake caliper. I never had any problems. But, I still didn't like the bags covering my rear fender/wheel. I still wanted some bags for short trips though. So I had thought of putting some bags over the battery and had 2000dyna make them for me. Here are some pics

Attached Thumbnails Throw over saddle bags-kchawgbags.1.jpg   Throw over saddle bags-bags.2.jpg   Throw over saddle bags-black-thunder-014.jpg  

Last edited by A-10 KChawg; 05-18-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:52 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a small roll bag I like.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use kuryakyn gran-throwover saddlebags without support, and without any problems

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Kimages/item...uct/4171-1.jpg

Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine rubbed off belt guard, brake caliper, shocks etc.now I use paper tape over anything that might get damaged.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A-10 KChawg
Attachment 46602I have some throwovers that I don't use anymore that fir between the sigs and the shocks (no mods). I don't have any supports on them as they rest outside of the upper belts guard and brake caliper. I never had any problems. But, I still didn't like the bags covering my rear fender/wheel. I still wanted some bags for short trips though. So I had thought of putting some bags over the battery and had 2000dyna make them for me. Here are some pics
I found some ATV throwover bags at walmart and did the exact same thing. They are slightly bigger than the ones in your pics, and not the leather look but they worked out great for my trip this past weekend. They even have a little place that holds a bottle of water. I didn't do anything other than lift the seat and lay them accross. I had a bunch of tools, tape, zip ties, wire, etc on one side. The other side I kept my phone, snacks, a drink, etc. Put 700 miles on the bike with them on and no issues even in the pouring rain, and they were only $18
The picture below make them look like suede or something but they are actuall canvas.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10928528

Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
I found some ATV throwover bags at walmart and did the exact same thing. They are slightly bigger than the ones in your pics, and not the leather look but they worked out great for my trip this past weekend. They even have a little place that holds a bottle of water. I didn't do anything other than lift the seat and lay them accross. I had a bunch of tools, tape, zip ties, wire, etc on one side. The other side I kept my phone, snacks, a drink, etc. Put 700 miles on the bike with them on and no issues even in the pouring rain, and they were only $18
The picture below make them look like suede or something but they are actuall canvas.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10928528

Wow! Those look good and very useful. $18.....NICE!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use River Road throwovers with bag supports that I made detachable by reversing the bolts so the nuts are on the outside. It takes a wrench and about 5 minutes to do the swap. They are as solid as permanently mounted bags, and the throwover yoke makes for easy carrying. When the bags are off, I use black thread protectors so the bolts don't look so long (they're green in the picture).

Attached Thumbnails Throw over saddle bags-polished-023.jpg   Throw over saddle bags-polished-022.jpg  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM
djwhaley
Road Captain

Dawg do you have anymore pic with the bags on?

Quick Reply: Throw over saddle bags