Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going for my road test tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
user45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck brother!

I can remember taking my class M exam just over 25 years ago. What a joke, went out side with the examiner from DMV, he says, "pull out of the DMV, take a right, turn around at the next light and come back and park here" They didn't have a course or anything at my little backwoods DMV, plus it was only about 40 degrees and the guy was in short sleeves. What was funny, the guy asks me, btw, how did you get here? I quickly replied a friend, which of course was my bike. In retrospect, I wish they had that new riders course and all back then, I would have taken it.

Good luck again.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The test here in SC is pretty thorough. Timed acceleration and braking test. Timed s-curve. Lots of low speed turns with stop targets. Slow speed slalom through the cones. A big Harley can be a handful unless you're really used to your bike. I honestly don't see how anyone with apes and a raked out front end could do it.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

You should go out and have some beers tonight, you know, take the edge off. You're already so excited, you won't sleep at all, so stay out 'till 1 or 2.

Seriously, just relax and don't sike urself out!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on getting your license today Dom!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
The test here in SC is pretty thorough. Timed acceleration and braking test. Timed s-curve. Lots of low speed turns with stop targets. Slow speed slalom through the cones. A big Harley can be a handful unless you're really used to your bike. I honestly don't see how anyone with apes and a raked out front end could do it.
That sounds pretty much the same as here in GA, but it's really not that tough on a stock Dyna. My brother-in-law passed it on a Wide Glide without knowing what he was going to be asked to do. But you're right...a stretched, raked front end would be trouble. BTW- you have to test on a certain size bike to get the M for all bikes- e.g. you can't ride a rebel and be licensed for a big twin.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start the test with a wheelie and finish with a stoppie. IMPRESSIVE!

The instructors love that!

Kidding... good luck!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Inked624
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tat2dGooch
Congrats on getting your license today Dom!

Thanks bro!

Everything went well with the exception of taking the test in a downpour, but i look at it as experience in riding in that type of weather. The test took all of 5 minutes, and the only points i got were for a bad figure 8. LOL

After the test i went to my DMV and got the Bob registered and took it out for a spin around the hood before. It was sweet going through the gears and knowing that i'm finally legit.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Fat Bill
Tourer

Congrats man, ride safe, enjoy

Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on passing the test. I took the test through the MSF course and it was pretty thorough. Despite being one of the best riders in the class during CLASS, the day of the test I messed up on the figure 8 and put a foot down. But they passed me anyway, saying they knew I was a better rider than I had displayed during the test! Phew. As it was, I had just lost my job two nights before and was totally exhausted and just not "with it". I am glad they passed me based on my overall performance. Not every place would have done that. I was grateful, but I also felt SO embarassed.

Get out and enjoy your bike, and be safe!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Chips
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by StreetBob624
Thanks bro!

Everything went well with the exception of taking the test in a downpour, but i look at it as experience in riding in that type of weather. The test took all of 5 minutes, and the only points i got were for a bad figure 8. LOL

After the test i went to my DMV and got the Bob registered and took it out for a spin around the hood before. It was sweet going through the gears and knowing that i'm finally legit.
Congrats on passing the test.

Now the real learning starts....it's called experience.
Don't take anything for granted...especially what other vehicles might or might not do.

Enjoy riding, like we all do... 'ride safe'.

Quick Reply: Going for my road test tomorrow.