Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need stock wide glide measurements

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:03 AM
GIJOE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need stock wide glide measurements

I am trying to get my wide glide chopper specs dialed in. I need the stock frame height measurement from the ground to the top and the measurement of a 21" front wheel to dead center from the ground up. I am hoping to do a six inch stretch in the downtubes and twelve inch over stock front forks and have it still be safe to ride... Thanks for the info. Joe

Old 06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
GIJOE
2nd Gear
Default RE: Need stock wide glide measurements

Final desperate try for stock frame height and height of 21 inch tire and rim at center. I know it will vary slightly with tires, rims, etc, but if anyone has a stock wideglide and tape and can give me a ballpark figure to use in the rake formulas, I'd really appreciate it. My local Harley dealer was very nice until I pulled out my tape and then he told me to find the specs from Harley.com. Wasn't near as friendly when he found out I wasn't going to buy, I just wanted info. They (dealers) must be like Jeep dealers. Some Jeep ones will cancel the warrenty if you add larger tires, etc. I got really lucky with my Jeep dealer who is working with me on my build up, not against me. Guess I wasn't so lucky with the Harley dealer...

Old 06-14-2006, 06:09 PM
BaldheadedWeirdo
Advanced

I don't think Harley offers the specs you want, but here's the link to the Wide Glide spec sheet

http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MO...lsection=specs

I have an 06 Wide Glide, and if you can't find what you're looking for I'll try to help you out.

Later!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:55 AM
GIJOE
2nd Gear

Thanks for the reply. You are right, Harley doesn't have the info I need. All I need is someone with a tape measure to measure the center of the front wheel at the axle and the top of the frame from the ground on an upright bike. I would've had it the other day at the dealers, but I didn't realize they were going to react so badly. It's not like I was going to scratch it or anything. I even offered to let him take the measurements. But it was a case of "if you don't buy, go away" so I did. They lost any aftermarket money from me too! Thanks again for responding and any numbers you can give me. I'm just trying to see what kind of downtube stretch/rake I can do to make the trail come out right. Thanks again, Joe

Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 PM
BaldheadedWeirdo
Advanced

Front Wheel = Ground To Center = 13 inches

Top Of Frame = Ground To Uppermost Part Of Neck Joint = 37 inches

No quarters, eighths, or anything. Dead on the money.