Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNextending Kury forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question UNextending Kury forward controls

Ok, '99 FXDX. Right now, I have Kuryakyn Iso 2 or 3" extended forward controls on my bike. (Previous owner had long legs.) All I need to do is either A. Pull the forwards back to standard forward control position or B. Put mid controls back on. (The shaft for the mids is still inside the primary and has the chrome **** where they used to be.) Either way is fine with me, but I think I would prefer the forwards. Kury says for the price of moving them back, I could just buy a standard set of forwards for about a $20 difference. I can't help but think that it would benefit them much more if I bought another set. lol. Looking at the controls, it seems that an extension plate, different shift linkage, and brake rod are the only things that Extend the controls. The controls mount to the plate the same as they would to the frame, as far as I can tell. Is all I need to move them back the linkage and rod? What length do I need? Part number? Where?? If this is not as easy as I'm thinking it is, what all do I need to switch back to a mid setup? I've seen the black street bob mids on eBay for $80, would this fit my bike? Do I just need pegs with the eBay kits? Any info would help! Thanks ya'll.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably just remove the extension plate, bolt the controls to the frame, and get shorter linkage.

guess that isn't much help.

but I have long legs and need some extensions and want to do the reverse of what you're doing.

Last edited by thomaskray; 07-07-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Well, you have forwards and want to extend, I have extended and want standard...Wanna trade linkages/rods and I'll give you the extension plates? Will that work? It can't be That easy. Let me know something.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should both post pics of your controls...maybe we can see if it's just a matter of unbolting the extension pieces.

Do you both have the Kury stuff?

Maybe just swap each other and be done with it?!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

tell you what. I'll measure my linkage rods, and take a close up picture of my forwards. You do the same and we'll see if it all works out.

Guess we could PM from this point.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:41 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Sounds good. I'll take care of it tonight. I'm at work now and get off at 10pm, I'll post them then. Hopefully this will work out, it could save us both quite a bit of money.

Aside from that, if anyone else has any further input on this, I'd love to hear from you!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM
dhellyer08
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Well, you have forwards and want to extend, I have extended and want standard...Wanna trade linkages/rods and I'll give you the extension plates? Will that work? It can't be That easy. Let me know something.
I just installed the extensions on mine and it is that easy. If you send him the plates, clutch rod, and brake rod and he sends you the clutch and brake rods then you guys will be set. Make sure to send all the hardware, connecting pins and cotter pins and screws.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

Here's what I got...

Below is what I'm wanting to add if this is what you have... Kuryakyn 3" Forward Controls Extensions.

Also seen here: http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/23/IMID/230

Last edited by thomaskray; 07-07-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Now this is cool. Two guys wanting the other's setup. Perfect. I love this site.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Now this is cool. Two guys wanting the other's setup. Perfect. I love this site.
Totally agree. I hope they can both make it work and get what they want.

Quick Reply: UNextending Kury forward controls