Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 & Dyno done

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Stage 1 & Dyno done

Well: I finally got the bike back......25 degree injectors, SEII Balony Cuts, SE A/C, SERT, Dyno tune........it's a totally different bike. No surging, smooth even torque all the way to 5000 rpm. Nice throaty sound and no popping on decel. I do get an occasional small pop if I run it up to 5500+ and then close the throttle completely but I really never do that unless I'm beating on it trying to get it to backfire. So, WTF? who cares. I decelerated down two 17 degree grades to try to get it to backfire and it won't. Plus the response is much better and definitely worth the $$$. I highly recommend the SERT & dyno job.

So, it's 90 degrees here...........later!![8D]

Old 05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Stage 1 & Dyno done

Thats the way to do it bro......enjoy your 'new' bike!

Old 05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Numbers?

Old 05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Patch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KBFXDLI

What were the numbers if we can ask???
I have a 2005 FXDCI that lima HD did a Dyno tune on.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Oh $hit!! I was so excited to get the bike back and go riding I totally forgot to get the numbers. I don't know if they even saved them because I never asked for a copy. [:@] Oh well the bike runs like a bat outa hell anyway so what if I don't have my numbers. I'll call him tomorrow and see if they still have them. But they have bikes backed up out the ying/yang getting SERT dyno jobs. Plus this tech know how to tune the bike because I went out again tonight and rode 50 miles just trying to get this thing to backfire even once. Not a pop! I'm a happy dog!!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the part # for your SEII ?

Thanks,
sammi

Old 05-31-2006, 12:34 PM
rde
Road Captain

Your shop should have a copy of your dyno.

I think it would be an interesting thread if we would publish our dyno runs and list what mods and ECM tuner we used. Anybody up for that? I am not interested in sharing my map to be honest-I paid $250 for it. But what would be interesting is to compare your dyno run against others with similar mods. I think there would be a wealth of information gained.

I would only comment that even if your bike is running good, it is still good to check your dyno results. Some dyno tunes will take a canned map and make a few modifications. In the end you still don't have a good map. Your AFR could be all over the place and you might not see a steady increase in Hp as RPM's increase. Your torque might be peaking over 4000, etc. It is important to go over your map with the tuner who did it.

Anybody up for posting your dyno runs?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:14 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I called and they don't save them unless you ask in advance. $hit[:@] But they do 3-4 runs and they do it off the SERT maps. They said the get better results tuning off the SERT maps IF you are using all SE parts (which I am) than starting from scratch with the original map. I don't get any noticable torque falloff until about maybe 5500-5800 rpm where it flattens a bit but does keep going. It's just smooth power pull all the way up the curve starting about 2500. Plus they only have 1 dyno tech at this dealer and that is all he does. But this bike is definitely a performance motorcycle now versus a street rider. It absoultely purrs with almost no vibration and surge free at 2800-3100 rpm.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
mhbetzer
Advanced

It may have been done before, but I would like to see the dyno run on a stock dyna. Then compare it with the same bike after the mods. Air filter, pipes and any of the efi adjusters. Then you could decide if the extra hp is worth the cost.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:30 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put it to you this way, my stage one bike with Screamin' Eagle II's, A/C kit and first edition stage one download posted a 73 HP/75TQ run at about 1000 miles on the clock. The bike was untuned and running a lean map so running a SERT today, It would do even better. Bone stock bike would have been about 62-64HP and 70-72 TQ at the wheel . Is a 10 percent plus gain in HP at the rear wheel worth it for the price? HELL YEAH!

Quick Reply: Stage 1 & Dyno done