Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side mount plate, wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side mount plate, wiring question

Can't remember the guys screen name that did this, but I was wondering how and where the wires were ran.

I have an 09 SB, plan to cut off the factory mount. I have a vertical plate holder with LED's in it, and need to wire them up. It is going on the upper belt guard and I don't see a clean way to run the wiring without it either going along the swing arm, the belt guard (which I was going to remove but might have to leave on for the wiring) or having them run up to the fender. Also, where did you tie into to use the plate lights? I have a white/black (power-ground).

I searched and didn't find much help. Thanks, I plan to post pictures after I figure a good way to run the wires.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ran mine on the inside of the swingarm, using a few zipties in places you cant see and some thick 3m tape over the top of it all. Cant see any of it and has held great so far.

As far as power I tapped into the rear brake light harness under the seat. I believe it was the blue wire that was the power but I would double check the service manual.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. That is most likely the best way.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:29 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This looks like a clean way to do it.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:46 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

as bbreck said when i mounted mine i got some of the 3m sticky brackets that have the metal tab put on the inside of the swing arm and layed wire in them and pushed over the tab. Then up the frame under the seat. I pulled the connector for the rear light and found the wires for the license plate running light and just pulled those wires out and soldered my two wires on to them and shoved them back into the connector and hooked it back up no problems yet knock on wood. don't have my book or i would tell you which two wires it is. I believe it is the blue but cant say for sure.